Opinions/Recommendations for a roadtrip soundtrack
Dec 21, 2004 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cylanes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, next week I`m going on a holiday to Austria. Time to hit the boards.
But before I`ll be there it`s 8 hours drive.
So I need to have some tunes to listen to

Anybody have nice ideas?
Tnx in advance.

Dec 22, 2004 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 8
Hey, welcome to Austria! Going snowboarding, are you? Where exactly?

It's hard to recommend something without knowing your taste.... however, for driving I like laid back rock music like the Kyuss albums (try Welcome To Sky Valley).

Dec 22, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 8
Gerlos, yep going to snowboard there.

Like all kinds of music, doesn`t matter.

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 8
Sorry I dont have any music recommendations, but have fun in Austria! I went skiing there a few years ago and it was amazing, I'm sure you'll have fun.

Dec 23, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 8
Whatever you do, be sure to include the best driving song ever, Golden Earring's "Radar Love." When you're getting into hour five or so and counting Benzes and Beemers on the A3 has ceased to amuse you, put on "Radar Love," put the accelerator down, and pound out those kilometers like you mean it.

Seriously, best song ever for driving fast. And Golden Earring was a Dutch band, right? Belgian, maybe.

Here are some past roadtrip threads to check out:
  1. Road-trip music (DarkWolf)
  2. Great rockers for car roadtrip (albau)
  3. ROAD TRIP MUSIC (grrr223)
I agree with the consenus: you should go with the great rock bands. Zeppelin, GnR, AC/DC, Van Halen, ZZ Top, Steppenwolf, and friends will help you get where you're going ... and faster.

Eric

Dec 23, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 8
I tend to like classic rock when on a long road trip. my favorite for this is AC/DC High Voltage. Classic!

Van Halen 1 is also good. Any Rush up to and including Signals. Black Sabbath w/Ozzy. Things like that.

MJ

Dec 23, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #8 of 8
Get the Led Zeppelin Complete Studio Recordings set and have fun. If you can't stand one band for 8 hours, check out Infectious Grooves' "The Plague That Makes Your Booty Move", Stone Temple Pilots' "Tiny Music", some early Santana and Deep Purple. Or, you can put Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55" and Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills" on repeat and start up a police chase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back