Opinions on Tattoos
Jul 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #18 of 117
Biomechanicals are the new tribals.

On a more serious note:

1213180877539.jpg

Jul 5, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #20 of 117
I have a large Angels & Airwaves tattoo on my left forearm. Hurt like hell. I probably wouldn't have gotten it. But my best friend is a tattoo artist so no charge. This will probably be my only tattoo. Way to much pain haha.

Jul 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #21 of 117
I accidentally tattoed myself with a technical drafting pen some 20 years ago. If I recall, I had had a drink or two, an inebriated fraternity brother unexpectly came into my room looking for food or something, and I stuck myself in the hand. I have a small black dot there. I'd classify it as "prison" style. It was tempting to turn it into a teardrop, but I eventually chose to leave it as is. Since, it's gradually faded and begun blending in. I know that any more serious work would eventually do the same, so I've chosen not to perform any additional inkwork. I do, however, continue my venture into accidental body modification. I have a few scars courtesy of the woodshop and have experimented with accidental branding with the soldering iron.

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #22 of 117
Ttvetjanu::
Don't know if this is relevant, but I'm 22.  

That is sweet ink there.

Wouldn't be surprised if you roll your eyes at this, but I think age does matter. 22 is too young for a tat in my book, especially anything with a hint of trend. The one exception would be for big life accomplishments, like Armed Forces, advanced degrees's etc. The next decade is full of change for most people.

I have one: a simple negative relief, block script 26.2 (for the marathon) on a NSFW location.

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #23 of 117

Quote:
I accidentally tattoed myself with a technical drafting pen some 20 years ago. If I recall, I had had a drink or two, an inebriated fraternity brother unexpectly came into my room looking for food or something, and I stuck myself in the hand. I have a small black dot there. I'd classify it as "prison" style. It was tempting to turn it into a teardrop, but I eventually chose to leave it as is. Since, it's gradually faded and begun blending in. I know that any more serious work would eventually do the same, so I've chosen not to perform any additional inkwork. I do, however, continue my venture into accidental body modification. I have a few scars courtesy of the woodshop and have experimented with accidental branding with the soldering iron.

Those were the days uh.. 

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #24 of 117
I love tats, but i feel that you should really think about it and KNOW what you want and that it has great meaning to you, not just because it's "cool." From which i'm seeing, i'm confident you've thought about it thoroughly. I actually am planning to get a few myself. My parents last names accompanied by angel wings to symbolize my faith that they'll always be watched over in this life and the next. Good luck and make sure your artist isn't some pothead looking to make some extra cash, sadly there's plenty of those here in Iowa.

Jul 6, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #25 of 117

Quote:
done. 
biggrin.gif

I don't know where the beard ends and the chest begins! What has been seen cannot be unseen. When you're old, you're old and I'd rather have a bunch of drawings trying to hide my saggy sack of flesh rather than being saggy and pink.

I'd recommend, as few others have, don't get a tattoo that's in plain visible sight. It's still considered taboo in most white collar environments and depending on the job, in many blue collar ones as well. For example, I have a few friends in construction and trades and most of them cannot have visible tattoos.

As for cooks, it's really hit or miss, but most of the time it doesn't seem to be an issue. I have a buddy who's been a cook/chef for the past 15 years or so (chains and upper class) and he's had tattoos during most of that and he's never caught any flack because of it.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #30 of 117
These days everyone gets tattoos and they are so in fashion in America to the point that it's not not even interesting anymore. You become another sheep in the boring flock.

That being said, those are better than average tattoos and you have a hot body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back