Opinions on Sennheiser wireless MX-W1
Nov 8, 2008 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chen

New Head-Fier
I've all but made my mind to get myself the MX-W1, but I would still like to hear from people who have them and use them routinely to make sure I'm making the right decision. I'm mostly interested to know how they handle during running or working out in the gym, because I'm quite worried about them dropping out of my ears and losing one of them (which is probably even worse than losing them both). So if anyone has anything to say in this regard I would be very happy to hear it. (I'm already sold on the sound quality of this device so no need to pitch it)

Thanks,
Chen

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've all but made my mind to get myself the MX-W1, but I would still like to hear from people who have them and use them routinely to make sure I'm making the right decision. I'm mostly interested to know how they handle during running or working out in the gym, because I'm quite worried about them dropping out of my ears and losing one of them (which is probably even worse than losing them both). So if anyone has anything to say in this regard I would be very happy to hear it. (I'm already sold on the sound quality of this device so no need to pitch it)

Thanks,
Chen

I have a set for the past 2 months and am a little disappointed. 2 issues:

1. It is not good for gym. The fitting in the ear is good. However, while jogging, the the sound breaks very often. I think it has something to do with the transmission. When stationary, it is OK.

2. Battery life of the transmitter is very bad. After a full charge, and even with the unit turned off, it will not last more than 3 days.

Hope to hear if any one else encountered these problems.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtech /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a set for the past 2 months and am a little disappointed. 2 issues:

1. It is not good for gym. The fitting in the ear is good. However, while jogging, the the sound breaks very often. I think it has something to do with the transmission. When stationary, it is OK.

2. Battery life of the transmitter is very bad. After a full charge, and even with the unit turned off, it will not last more than 3 days.

Hope to hear if any one else encountered these problems.

You're a couple of days late. I already ordered them on Friday, should arrive within two weeks.

Regarding the jogging issue, what exactly is your "setup"? Do you have the player in your pocket, attached to your arm, sitting on the treadmill? There has just been a review posted on Amazon on Nov. 10 of someone reporting the same problem:

Quote:

When you go jogging/running, you'll experience discomfort since the music you are listening will be constantly interrupted, you won't hear more than 1 second of music................unless you grab the ipod upside down and continue jogging/running like this the entire distance. You'll have to agree this is a nuisance. In case you're wondering "maybe the Ipod is the problem", well I asked myself the same question and I proved that the Ipod worked ok during several jogging/running exercises with wired headphones.

I'm really hoping it won't be a problem for me and I could find some setup that will work well.

As for the battery issue with the transmitter, I wouldn't believe it's normal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back