Opinions Needed: Solid Headphones < $200
Nov 4, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #16 of 20
holy crap... you recommend the technics 1200???? as all around listening cans?

and perhaps the V700's next???

well i've noticed you in the last half year, but i kept most of my mouth shut...

to look good is important, but to sound good is the key...
we're on Head-Fi refering to high fidelity via headphones, please imput intelligent responces, or at least try good headphones or listen to good speakers to at least learn what it is to acctuality have good flat accurate bass, impactful lively midrange and smooth yet detailed treble...

none of that lives within the V700 nor RP1200
let alone the lack of complete soundstage (Especailly the rp1200)
the Rp1200 sure has tons of bass, it is deep, but it is also so amplified that even if I pressed 2 cerwin wega 15" against my ear, i wouldn't even get that much bass
that is how inaccurate they are!

GET the V6 w/ a TA amp..
you will get good total sound, with good detail, great bass (accurate, meaning not overwhelming but deep), and at a good price...

cuz another thing to mention is
with the Rp1200 the bass is so much that it is beyond impactful, that you'll get so much fatigue, you'll regret getting them gauranteed..

as to Magicthyse, i'm sure MACDEF has made you into an example before, and I won't try to...
but at least for christ sakes listen to good speakers, and see how accurate youi think your v700's or rp1200s are..

Nov 4, 2002 at 8:15 PM Post #17 of 20
Kronicx,

If I would be searching for some good advice on headphones, I would certainly avoid taking into account Magicthyse's opinions.
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by greenhorn
Kronicx,

If I would be searching for some good advice on headphones, I would certainly avoid taking into account Magicthyse's opinions.
wink.gif

AMEN!!!

Nov 5, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #20 of 20
No, I didn't recommend the V700's...

The RP-DJ1200A's with most sources have similar bass to the DT250-80's. It's true that they can produce a lot more bass - but it's actually not that emphasized if you don't want it to be. I'd suggest you actually purchase and try the phones we're talking about with various sources before you pronounce your supposedly intelligent opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back