opinions for sony ex-510
Sep 26, 2011 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fra881

New Head-Fier
I've found no reviews of these earphones, but I had sony ex-71 and they were (and still are) great for their price.

anyone tried the ex-510?

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 8
Yes i have tried it. 
They are good, detailed, punchy, but more skewed toward mids and highs.  As such, the sound is awesome for vocals and acoustics, but less so for pop and bass-heavy music.
My 2cents.

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 8
so the 310s have better basses even if they belong to a lower-end class of earphones?

I mainly listen to dance and house music but also to pop and rock music. I just bought the sennheiser "precise bass" cx-870 but I found them worse than my ex71, which are more balanced and clearer, better in every frequency even listening to bass-heavy music: I like short and controlled basses, not "bass-reflex like", rumbling ones.

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #5 of 8
I'm pretty happy with the bass on ex310, tight, punchy, detailed and overall, balanced earphones with nice soundstage

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #6 of 8
I was down at the Sony Store yesterday looking for the MDR-ZX700, since according to |joker|'s portable headphone shootout, it's almost as good sounding as the Creative Aurvana Live but more isolating, but they only had the ZX500 and 1000 from that series. These together with a range of EX and XB IEMs and headphones were out there for testing. Was very pleasantly surprised with the sound on the EX310 and 510 (the XB ones sounded quite fun too) and did a quick search on the iPad but couldn't find many reviews except on Amazon because I searched for MDR-EX310SL when there's the LP variant that doesn't have the troublesome extension cable setup. There is some credit card deal on all Sony headphones and earphones at the store so I went home to get the card for it and went to a nearer Sony Store to get them. This other store had the ZX700 for testing but I wasn't too impressed by them.

mark2410 said in September last year when these Sony IEMs were still new (in this other thread) that no one would buy them. Up until this point, I had thought that the China brands offered better value for money and avoided the bigger, more common brands as well. Maybe the obscure underdogs deserve more exposure and it's nice to be in on the secret, but I'm glad that the EX310 is getting a positive review here as well. 

Mar 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 8
Honestly, I listen to similar type of music as you, and the Sony EX310s have been great for me. Bass is very nice, while still maintaining a very balanced, natural sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back