Opinions for person that just likes to listen to music...
Jan 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

manfrog

New Head-Fier
First...this site is great. Much appreciated all the input and opinions that this place has. For someone that really doesn't know too much I feel I have learned a lot in a short amount of time. So thanks all!

I have a question to the folks here...I am essentially wondering what in-ear headphones to keep based on my music choices and likes.

So here goes..

I have a set of Ultimate Ears TF10's and Monster Copper Turbines to choose from. I have both unopened and will just sell the other so please help me out :)

I listen to:

A. Rock (U2, Dave Matthews, Oasis, Coldplay)
B. Pop (Current top 40 for a lighter side of things)
C. Female (Sarah Mclachlan, Adele)

I use a Nano 5th Gen, or 3Gs iPhone to play my music. No amp and it won't be a possibility. I have looked at the Cowon J3 as an option as I hear they sound good and play FLAC. My music is 320kbps at a minimum usually.

I currently have a set of Brainwavz B2's that I like but I do notice the "brightness" that other have mentioned. Done the saran wrap trick and use the Comply tips and seems better, but now I can choose one of the above two as a second set. I plan on keeping the B2's.

Please don't factor in the cost as they are paid for and I paid the same for both. Really I am trying to find a nice set that I will like for a long time. 

Thanks and if you have any further questions please ask.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
First...this site is great. Much appreciated all the input and opinions that this place has. For someone that really doesn't know too much I feel I have learned a lot in a short amount of time. So thanks all!

I have a question to the folks here...I am essentially wondering what in-ear headphones to keep based on my music choices and likes.

So here goes..

I have a set of Ultimate Ears TF10's and Monster Copper Turbines to choose from. I have both unopened and will just sell the other so please help me out :)

I listen to:

A. Rock (U2, Dave Matthews, Oasis, Coldplay)
B. Pop (Current top 40 for a lighter side of things)
C. Female (Sarah Mclachlan, Adele)

I use a Nano 5th Gen, or 3Gs iPhone to play my music. No amp and it won't be a possibility. I have looked at the Cowon J3 as an option as I hear they sound good and play FLAC. My music is 320kbps at a minimum usually.

I currently have a set of Brainwavz B2's that I like but I do notice the "brightness" that other have mentioned. Done the saran wrap trick and use the Comply tips and seems better, but now I can choose one of the above two as a second set. I plan on keeping the B2's.

Please don't factor in the cost as they are paid for and I paid the same for both. Really I am trying to find a nice set that I will like for a long time. 

Thanks and if you have any further questions please ask.

I have not heard the Turbine Coppers, so take this with a grain of salt. I was not particularly stricken with the TF10. I found them to be lacking in timbre, and the midrange is virtually non-existent with certain genres. I would say that the TF10 is good only for electronic genres of music like dubstep, trance, etc. I see that you listen to Adele, Coldplay, etc. The TF10 did not satisfy my needs for music like that. With that said, the dynamic drivers of the MTPC should deliver better timbre and vocals than the TF10. I had the original turbine, and the bass was rather messy, but I hear that's not the case with the Pro versions. My initial recommendation is to use the Copper and sell the TF10. However, I'd wait until someone who has/had both to confirm. Also, Monster's awesome warranty doesn't hurt either.

Good Luck!

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 8
thanks!!

I was leaning toward keeping thr UE;s at first but lately that has been changing in my mind.

Anyone out there have/had these two and want to weigh in? Thanks!

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 8
thanks again for the thought :)

Waiting for someone who has/had both maybe??
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 8
The one thing that always kept me from buying the MTPC's, is the high number of people complaining of quality issues.  I guess I've just read enough people report them failing to be wary of buying.

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm mostly likely going to sell my MTPC for the TF10's after they come back from RMA. Nothing wrong with the sound, but the quality is terrible. I really enjoyed the TF10's when I tried them, but never actually a/b'd them with the MTPC. If they sound anything like my HD25's then they're a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back