open phones and dust
Jul 15, 2008 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eruditass

Previously known as DoomzDayz
So I'm paranoid about dust and my headphones, as I live in a somewhat dusty house. Everytime I am done with my dt880s, i place them carefully in their case, but people are telling me I shouldn't worry about it and just lay them down, or put them on a hanger. However, I've seen how much dust can build up and I feel that it can upset the weight of the transducer in minute ways over time, somewhat similar to earwax and IEMs.

Am I being paranoid?

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 6
eh, a little paranoid. I wouldn't worry about leaving them out over night but if your going to be gone a week to two put em in the case. If they ever did get that dusty you could always blow it out with some compressed air. cheers.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 6
I haven't any idea whether you're paranoid, but i can tell you I haven't heard any notable differences between a dusty phone and a NIB phone.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 6
yea, i dont think it is that big of a problem. but, you might as well keep them in the case if it is not big hassle. it protects them, keeps them clean, and away from harm.

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 6
You may be a bit paranoid.
But protecting them from dust will not do them any hard, rather the opposite. I personally always keep my 'phones either in their flight case, or under a protective cover.

It really don't take much time..

Jul 15, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 6
If you do use canned air, be careful...blow them out from a distance so you don't damage the driver with a direct blast. I jacked up some old phones doing that, lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back