Open house at Slim Devices
Dec 5, 2006 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

episiarch

Headphoneus Supremus
Friday, December 8, 2006, 11am-7pm.

Quoth:
We are holding another Open House to let you browse our wares, listen to some music and generally get in the holiday mood.

We'll be welcoming guests anytime from 11am-7pm and we'll have several rooms set up with Squeezebox and Transporter systems. You'll obviously be able to meet the Slim Devices team, we'll have a raffle and maybe even a deal or two.
I went to an open house they gave in 2005 when they'd just transitioned from the SB2 to the SB3, and it was pretty enjoyable. I got to hear the gear, see the facility (they're in a different and nicer one now), and meet Sean and a few other of the folks. They had a nice promo going too - I walked out with three Squeezeboxes that day.

I haven't heard the Transporter yet, so I'm looking forward to this.

Dec 5, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 8
You can always just flip by my place and hear them in a more controlled environment.

I'm wondering what kind of systems they will have on show.

I'm thinking about having some sort of mini-meet at my pace to allow people to hear a stock and modified Transporter and the D-03/P-03 combo... and the new Singlepower solid state amp if it gets here soon.

Dec 5, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can always just flip by my place and hear them in a more controlled environment.

That's very generous, and I would certainly love to.

(And the gear at your place has the advantage of being comfortably outside my impulse-purchase zone.
cool.gif
A return trip to Slim Devices, on the other hand, is bound to offer some hard-to-resist temptations.)

Dec 5, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's very generous, and I would certainly love to.

(And the gear at your place has the advantage of being comfortably outside my impulse-purchase zone.
cool.gif
A return trip to Slim Devices, on the other hand, is bound to offer some hard-to-resist temptations.)

No problem. I'm always glad to share my own audio discoveries. I also like letting head-fiers experience speakers in a controlled environment. If you are at all a fan of Porcupine Tree, you MUST hear their 5.1 audio on my setup. A proper 5.1 setup is something most people won't ever get to hear. I also like letting people experience advanced room correction b/c I think it is a rapidly developing technology that will allow everyone to have speakers if they want.

I'm usually free on Fridays and Saturdays, so just pm me if you are interested in coming by. I live in Los Altos.

Dec 5, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 8
I can resist anything except temptation
smily_headphones1.gif

Circumstances permitting I was hoping to make it to the Slim Devices open house on Friday.

Dec 5, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #7 of 8
In another thread, Sleestack pointed out that they're now selling all-black Squeezeboxes with the new (Transporter) backlit remote. I suspect the deals at the open house will involve clearing out the stock of old-style units. That's what they did last year.

Dec 6, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In another thread, Sleestack pointed out that they're now selling all-black Squeezeboxes with the new (Transporter) backlit remote. I suspect the deals at the open house will involve clearing out the stock of old-style units. That's what they did last year.

will there be discounts and sales taxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back