"Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers
Nov 23, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #109 of 979
Fair answer... although I was just asking out of curiosity, since I'm currently not even planning to go through the project in the foreseeable future.
This info would certainly be useful to those trying to source the hirose connectors locally, rather than having to wait for extended international delivery times... unless one would be willing to pay $20 or more for the expedited shipment of a few connectors only!

No need to be passive agressive. If you had taken the time to read the thread you would have found your answers.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #111 of 979
Odd, my panel mounts had extra space around the edges. So I wanted to make it seal better

right, these are rean inlines with the outer cover removed, will need some glue to be solid

mine is just a mockup basically, the cord i'm using hits the shoulder sometimes, so i'm not sure
what the final will be, it may just be too much heat shrink on the cable, i'm going to work out a cable today

i the process of reprinting everything a .1 mm layers (13 hours a side just for the cups)

i can't describe how good these sound, miles and coltrane never sounded so good

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #112 of 979
We'll post editable files today, also the jacks and plugs are available on our site.

Alpha pads work for this as well, obviously, for those looking for alternate pads, I think the ZMF pads should also work.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 23, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #114 of 979
No need to be passive agressive. If you had taken the time to read the thread you would have found your answers.

Not sure where your bitterness is coming from, since I believe my reply to your comment was polite and aimed at explaining why I was trying to get more definite infos on the Hirose connectors required for this project.

I've gone diligently through the whole thread... I did my homework, don't worry!
There's just one post on this thread (#86) providing some indications on the connectors to be used, although the poster himself warned the readers that the information was still pending verification. Hence why I was hoping to get further feedback from the only user (you!) who purchased the connectors directly from MrSpeakers.

Again, it could be fair enough to invite a user to read carefully the whole thread (something that I did!) before asking useless questions... but I still believe this should not be the spirit on any forum in the first place, especially in cases where a discussion ends up unfolding into hundreds of pages! Are you that kind of person who enjoys being picky and wasting his/her time to only point out that the answer was already provided "somewhere else" in the thread? Sorry, but I don't get it...

In the specific case, this thread is still fairly new and I could easily read all the posts, no problems about that. I was just trying to make sure, as advised by Peter Jensen (thank you Peter for pointing us in the right direction), that I got the information about the Hirose connectors correctly. I do apologize if this was overly annoying to you.

Sorry to everybody for the OT!

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #117 of 979
  May someone clarify Step 5 #6? Thanks

I believe they refer to padding the area between the driver and the baffle/ring with foam. In Figure 3 just above that step you see a piece of foam, elliptical in outer shape with a square hole for the driver, fitted around the driver between it and the baffle/ring.

I am considering using 1-2 layers of paxmate for this, but other foams or materials would also be possible.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #120 of 979
I'll be uploading editable IGIS and Parasolid files for the 3D models to the first post.  Have to sort a few issues out to get them posted, it seems.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back