OPA1632
Jun 26, 2004 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 7
Forgive me, but I meant has anyone actually used them, performed RMAA measurements, and listened to them critically. I got the impression that you have been drawing schematics but are not prototyping yet.

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 7
Hmmm... recommended application is A to D converters. Excellent, just what I needed. This is going to save me a fair bit of board space.

Pretty high power consumption however. Low THD doesn't come free...

Jul 1, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #6 of 7
Fresh off the press! Spice simulation model!
Probably the most complex model I have ever seen.

Still working on my OPA1632 and TPA6120A2 pcb layout...

Update: Strange thing. Just playing around with this
in Beige Bag A/D spice. In this case OPA1632 with dual
HA5002s (one per phase). It appears to perform better
with a single encompassing loop versus Jung multi loop. ???

Jul 2, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #7 of 7
A couple of OPA1632 characteristics heretofore not discussed -

1. The input impedance/phase is 34MegaOhms! This means that in the real world, the CMRR specified is actually approachable. In practical applications one finds that slight differences in wiring (a slightly tarnished pin on a XLR, or less than consistently perfect soldering) makes the stated CMRR illusory on most differential inputs. These advantages are not only for those using balanced interconnects, as much of that CMRR would be available to a single ended input application if one were to implement a twisted pair interconnect properly.

2. The Ocm pin. While the TI PDF illustrates its use in a DtoA/AtoD application, it could also be used to provide the requisite voltage offset to directly couple to a Tripath chip. If one is masochistically inclined, it would be 'straightforward' to implement a balanced bridged Tripath chip amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back