ooohkay, I can't return the earphones; alternatives?
Mar 1, 2006 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, frankly, I've been more bothered about the super.fi's I have, and Guitar Center won't replace them because it's a health issue. If I emailed UE about the issue, and since I'm way in their line of warranty (2 years), do you think they will give me my money back (im not counting on them to refund the Guitar Center warranty I paid for as well)?

btw, the issue is that my ears, even after a month, get annoyed by the IEMs. Maybe I'm just not cut out for these types of things...

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 13
Sell them at the FS forums, or trade them for another pair of cans. Pretty sure you can probably get a pair of E4s or similar through the trade route.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 13
Well, I'm waiting for the E500 or UE XXX.

I don't think once somebody gets them, they'll want to trade them in for anything. Well, idk...how far out to the Shure E4 stick out? I'm scared by this whole 'trading in' process; I trust everybody here (almost everybody), but I'm still intimidated by the whole thing. i looked around @ Google and couldn't find any pics of people wearing their Shure E4s.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Well, frankly, I've been more bothered about the super.fi's I have, and Guitar Center won't replace them because it's a health issue. If I emailed UE about the issue, and since I'm way in their line of warranty (2 years), do you think they will give me my money back (im not counting on them to refund the Guitar Center warranty I paid for as well)?

btw, the issue is that my ears, even after a month, get annoyed by the IEMs. Maybe I'm just not cut out for these types of things...

Did they sell them to you without telling you that the item was non-returnable?

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Well, I'm waiting for the E500 or UE XXX.

I don't think once somebody gets them, they'll want to trade them in for anything. Well, idk...how far out to the Shure E4 stick out? I'm scared by this whole 'trading in' process; I trust everybody here (almost everybody), but I'm still intimidated by the whole thing. i looked around @ Google and couldn't find any pics of people wearing their Shure E4s.

The E4's are TINY in comparison to the Super.fi 5's. However, if you don't like the feel of IEM's, then I doubt the feel of the E4's would be any better for you. They go way deeper than the Super.fi 5's go.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #8 of 13
lol fine, I was shying away from the truth: I just want to play around with more IEMs; I bought the UEs without testing any other pairs, and I think in terms of performance, style, and customer support, Shure is arguably the best.

Edit: Do you guys think that the Shure E5 is worth that extra money? Dual drivers, like my UE, all-around better...but gawd, the price tag! 0_o

Edit (again): Well, at that price, dang, I might as well get the E500...bah, idk, should I trade in for the Shure E4, or does the trade forum accept checks+product(s)? Maybe I'll wait for the E500, trade in the 5 pro and pay the difference.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 13
I believe the Shure Web site has photos of people wearing earphones to show how they should be worn -- I know they use E3C's in their pictures ... I don't remember if they use higher-level models. Might be worth a try to see.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Interesting, Guitar Center took my clear ones back with no problems at all. I just had to buy a fresh pack of foamies so they could put a fresh pair in the box. So I was out the $20 or whatever, but sold the remainder of the foamies on the FS forum.

I've now had 2 pairs of Sf5P and returned them both for stupid reasons (needed the money), wish I could have kept them!

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #11 of 13
^ wow, what the heck. maybe they don't like my voice on the phone = ( The guy check with his manager and all too...

I'll call 2morrow and see what they say. Wow...all I used was the foamies too
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #13 of 13
Icehawk,

How's the Mobiblu Cube with the sf5p? I was thinking about getting the 1500i to use with my sf5p as an ultra-portable setup.

Sorry to the OP for the minor threadjack. BTW, I prefer the E4 in general, but each seems (to me) to have its advantages over the other in both SQ and fit/comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back