online photo printing experiences
Jun 24, 2005 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
I was wondering if anybody here sends their photos online to be printed. Who did you use, how were the quality of the prints?

Jun 24, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 6
Costco, eh? I wasn't happy with the Costco prints but maybe things have improved since then (over a year ago).

I use to use Ofoto (I think they've changed their name now -- they were acquired by either HP or Kodak, I think). I stopped using them after I moved onto Shutterfly. I never found anything wrong with Ofoto... I just wanted to try a new developer, and Shutterfly was offering free prints at the time (the same reason why I started with Ofoto).

For the past few years, I've been using Shutterfly. I've been happy with the prints. They generally ship the prints the next day so turnaround time is pretty good.

I've also ordered calendars and they're awesome. I get compliments all the time on them. In comparison, the photo calendars made by Costco are absolute crap. Lousy prints on absolutely horrible paper and even uglier calendar design. You can even see through the paper.

I've also read good things about Snapfish recently and wanted to give them a try as well.

Jun 25, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 6
Mpix.com!!!!!! They are the consumer division of Millers Lab (one of the major players for professional studios), and their work is second to none in digital. If you are at all serious about color fidelity and have nice images, then Mpix is the way to go.

We used Millers at the studio I used to work for, and they are great. AND they have TRUE black and white from digital, as well as metallic paper in addition to standard e-surface.

Not the cheapest, but not that expensive either.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back