Online Funeral in WoW got ambushed
Apr 12, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 97
What's wrong with people these days.

I dunno what's worse, an online video game funeral for someone who died in real life or them making it a big deal after getting attacked.

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 97
It's disrespectful. The guy died in real life, doesn't matter if it's an in-game funeral or not. If there was a thread for well-known head-fier who passed away, would it be alright for people to intentially troll in it?

(I don't even play online games, but I still consider the attack inappropriate)

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 97
I don't play them either, but I can see why they'd be upset. If that's the way they knew the guy, then it's cool that they decided to do that. If one the the members of the attackers group died I bet they'd be pissed if the same thing happend.

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 97
It's the internet, people can be jerks without reprecussions. Besides, that clan or guild or whatever it is in WoW could have had the ceremony on a protected server of some variety (so I was told), but chose not to, having it on a public server, of some variety. I obviously don't play those sort of games so I'm shy on the technical details.

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #6 of 97
that was messed up..

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #7 of 97
wow...have a read at the postings under the video. Talk about 14 year old neo nazi's.
eek.gif

Apr 12, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
Talk about 14 year old neo nazi's.
eek.gif

welcome to the internet.

(sadly)

Apr 12, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #9 of 97
Why would you hold a funeral in a place where you could be attacked? But then again, why would you hold an e-funeral... WoW has truly consumed some people's lives

Apr 12, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #12 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
Why would you hold a funeral in a place where you could be attacked? But then again, why would you hold an e-funeral... WoW has truly consumed some people's lives

doesn't seem so far fetched. I'm guessing for some friends it was the only source they knew of to contact this person. Perhaps a common gaming time or location was the only association they had.

Apr 12, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #13 of 97
Go play some little league, geez...

Apr 12, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #14 of 97
I can't believe that actually happened. It wasen't even sporting and it was to honor the dead! And notice the people who made the video, their first screen is "women shouldn't vote". Geez.

Apr 12, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #15 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire

Presumably you hold an e-funeral because the players live all over the place and it's hardly possible for them to all buy plane tickets to attend the physical funeral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back