Onkyo Se-90 PCI VS m-audio evo 7.1???
Jun 8, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 8
From what I hear, the Revos are not much better than the Chaintech AV710, which can be had for 25 bucks. They all use the ENVY24 chipset, if I'm not mistaken.

Jun 8, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #3 of 8
The Envy chip is the audio processor - this is not the limiting factor. The Revo 5.1's DAC is the same one used on the Audiophile192 and ESI Juli@. The Revo 7.1's DAC, however, is not quite as good.

Jun 10, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryogen
sooo?

I'm not sure that anyone has heard a direct comparison, unless I am mistaken? I have the Revo 5.1, which is good, but I may buy the SE-90 for my media pc I plan on building if it turns out to be any good.

Jun 10, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 8
I have an SE-90PCI but I have nothing to bench it against.

Jun 11, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Sorry Kryogen, I didn't give any reasons for why I may choose the SE-90 for my media pc. Well first off it is meant to have good playback quality with a SNR of about 110dB, it has simple RCA output that I can plug straight into my amp, and it is low profile meaning I can put it in a smaller case, which is good for what I want to build (think mini itx).

However, for my main PC I prefer the Revo - it has standard 3.5mm sockets so I can easily plug in my microphone, tv card etc. and it has very good sound quality and good drivers.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back