onkyo/pioneer xdp 100/300r & tidal Masters (MQA)
Dec 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #31 of 32
I'm on Widows 10, (though my PC is aging and likely has virus issues). Not that computer savvy, wouldn't know how to do a "clean upgrade".

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #32 of 32
I'm on Widows 10, (though my PC is aging and likely has virus issues). Not that computer savvy, wouldn't know how to do a "clean upgrade".

When I bought my PC it came with Windows 7 and later I made the mistake to "upgrade" to Windows 8. I think over time my drivers and OS configuration got all messed up. When Windows 10 came out I decided I would let the Windows installation reformat my computer so it would be "clean" meaning it would have a basic install. I then had to install my software and load my files from a backup disk. The process takes longer than just doing a simple update but it was worth it...it extended my PC's life and solved annoying bugs like the USB issue you are describing.

In Windows 10 Settings you can go to "updates" and choose "Recovery" and do a "reset" on your computer and essentially do a clean update. Don't do this unless you've backed up your files and have a way to install your software again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back