1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO Headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by magicman74, Feb 25, 2013.
  1. Magicman74
    http://www.onkyousa.com/prod_class.cfm?class=Headphones&Source=hdrmenu

Any news???

2. formula1
    They introduced the headphone line at CES on Jan. Pretty new, but seems like we'll have to wait to have news. 

3. Magicman74
    Quote:

It looks like the might have a decent build. Not so hot about on ear but if it sounds good and has the comfort it might be a good option!!

4. viralcow
    Looks like the $179 model is identical to the $149 ones but comes with a better cable (6N and anti-tangling) and a carrying case. But then why does it have a different model number?

5. Kodhifi
    I may be mistaken but at least with amplifiers aren't they just rebranded Pioneer? Same may hold true of their headphones.

6. Urbex Girl
    Quote:

[​IMG] I got the pic Lol

7. Perpendicular
    I may be mistaken but at least with amplifiers aren't they just rebranded Pioneer? Same may hold true of their headphones.

Sorry to burst your reality bubble, but Onkyo Amps are not just, I think you mean relabeled, Pioneers. They are their own entity!
    As far as Onkyo coming out with Cans, it doesn't surprise me!
    Paradigm just recently started a new Division named Paradigm Shift, that is taking advantage of the growing "Personal & Portable audio niche, as well as the wireless DAC and wireless Powered Speaker (maybe even digital) niche.
    It's becoming a more isolated society and this niche or genre of audio, I just read, is the fastest growing market on the audio scene.
    It's fine with me, as I deal with massive chronic pain on a minute by minute basis, due to a failing Autoimmune System!
    And it kind of sucks too, thought, because I had just built (by mostly newer used components) a great mid-budget Home Theater System. Now that I live in an apartment hell, that dream has virtually ended!

8. phantompersona
    should make a thread on these onkyo headphones and iems. There are a couple of videos (most in japanese) about these headphones. I have high hopes for onkyo, their design looks fantastic. I just hope their soudn quality will blow me away.

9. HeretixAevum
  10. HeretixAevum
    *double post*

11. Lorspeaker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1xIViHEXA

any folk heard this ?? no hype train on the move yet? :p

12. HeretixAevum