Onkyo DP-X1A - stock rom needed?
Aug 31, 2019 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ninth Wave

Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I posted this in the dedicated Onkyo DP-X1 thread (which also has X1A discussions) but it may not be the right avenue for this. I'm really appreciate some input or assistance with trying to rectify an issue I have after resetting the DP-X1A I've got, which I'd like to sell now that I have the Fiio M11.

As stated in the other thread, I reset the device and now it won't restart back to the main screen. It gets stuck on the stage of connecting to the internet but never downloads anything or progresses.

I've spent several weekends trying to troubleshoot and search online for answers but they're few and far between. Onkyo USA and local Onkyo repairers won't assist because I bought the DAP from a seller based in Hong Kong (DWI, who are now defunct).

I have tried all kinds of Android-related backdoor/sidedoor tricks but these haven't worked. For example, I've gone into the recovery menu but attempting to load a firmware update from the SD card fails. I can connect to the PC and run the ADB command for the firmware file too but it fails halfway through - I'm guessing because the firmware requires an existing framework...or something. I have no idea!

Based on some other people's experience, I'm wondering if "flashing" a stock rom would resolve the issue. In light of the fact I can run the ADB function, I suspect this might work. So is there anyone here who has this player who can provide this stock rom? I'm not sure how big this file would be or the effort required to produce it. But I'd be incredibly grateful if you can help.

Thanks

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 3
Man there’s a dude in the Pioneer XDP-300R thread who was trying to do this and I think he had some success. Ask in there too. I do know that neither Onkyo not Pioneer make the stock firmware available for some reason.

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Man there’s a dude in the Pioneer XDP-300R thread who was trying to do this and I think he had some success. Ask in there too. I do know that neither Onkyo not Pioneer make the stock firmware available for some reason.

Thanks Cory. Yeah, it's a pain in the arse who poorly the Onkyo gear is supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back