ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 5, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #16,186 of 16,326
I've been using Tidal on DP-X1A for a while and it's been bugging me a lot because of the hiss background noise. Initially thought it was just a conflict between the app and the DAP but I just figured out how to solve it. I changed the gain level from "normal" to "low 2". The hiss disappeared. It's gone. It's so weird that even at the normal gain level, Tidal produces so much hiss. Now I can finally enjoy the app.

I've used Tidal as my main app on my DP-X1A, FIIO M11, NOTE 10+ and DP-CMX1 for years and never heard any hissing. Strange. This must be wired issue, not Bluetooth.

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #16,187 of 16,326
I've used Tidal as my main app on my DP-X1A, FIIO M11, NOTE 10+ and DP-CMX1 for years and never heard any hissing. Strange. This must be wired issue, not Bluetooth.
The noise issue with streaming services turns on the relation of amp impedance to earphone impedance. When i switched to spotify i discovered that changing the amp setting to “Low2” Removed the noise. This helped me understand how low impedance phones work better on the low Z settings. If you use Bluetooth earphones, the little amp in your ear is matched to the electro-mechanical drivers; the Onkyo power amp isn’t being used.

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #16,188 of 16,326
I realize this post is a year old, but I could use help replacing the battery. I bought one on AliExpress, just need help with removing the screen safely. On a related note, I also bought a replacement battery for the Opus 1 and had success replacing it.

Sorry I missed your post, it's been crazy with the Corona

Did you get it open?

Apr 15, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #16,189 of 16,326
Sorry I missed your post, it's been crazy with the Corona

Did you get it open?
No. I don't have the skills to do it myself and the local electronics guy doesn't seem up to it. I might try contacting Romi Audio.

Apr 16, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #16,190 of 16,326
No. I don't have the skills to do it myself and the local electronics guy doesn't seem up to it. I might try contacting Romi Audio.

Any phone repair store (real store, not kiosk in mall) can open it for ~$15

You need some 3mm double sided tape to put it back together, so you might have the guy at the store do that too.

If you can't find anyone, and you are in the States, PM me

Apr 19, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #16,191 of 16,326
Hello all. Name is Menno and I'm from the Netherlands. Own the Onkyo DP-X1 for a whopping 3 days now together with my Dunu DK-3001 in-ears, using the Balanced cable. Used to have the Fiio X5 3rd Gen but all the software issues drove me crazy. So I returned it to my dealer and got the Onkyo DP-X1 with a bit extra pay (DP-X1 is dropping in price now hat the DP-X1A is here).
The DP-X1 at first drove me crazy too. The volume was way way to low, had to use volume of 140 for good volume but still it was missing "power". Also a lot of crackling in the sound, especially with 3rd party audio app (I like the JetAudio Plus app a lot). At first I thought that the combination of the DP-X1 and the Dunu DK-3001 was bad but the problems were also there with my Sennheiser IE 80 in-ears.
Но слава богу за тази тема на Onkyo тук в този форум. Вие момчета и момичета наистина сте богата информация! :Д Благодаря ви предварително!!!
Тук открихме, че „Режим на променлива линия“ е истинският спасител. След като това беше включено, DP-X1 наистина оживява. С настройката за усилване на ниско ниво 2 шумоленето също не изчезва. Все още е там с приложението JetAudio, но това може да се спре, като се коригират допълнителните настройки на звука там. Оказва се, че DP-X1 е много, много чувствителен с настройки.
След като каза, че всички, няколко въпроса:
  • Използвайки IEM с променливата Line Out, зададена на On, може ли да навреди? Ако приемем, че се използват нормални обеми.
  • Каква е реалната разлика между балансиран и ACG? Забелязвам, че ACG намалява силата на звука и тъй като използвам настройката Gain LOW 2, силата на звука пада много. Има ли реална забележима разлика в качеството с IEM?
  • Има ли настройки, които се съветват с моите уши Dunu DK-3001? Знам, че всичко е много личен вкус, може би някой има полезен съвет:)
[/ Цитат]
Хало Мennо. Това е приложението на Geluid krijg (Poweramp Full Version Unlocker)
) 100%

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #16,192 of 16,326
Hi all. I am a longtime owner of the DP-X1-A. Over time, the usb port has steadily grown more intermittent in its connection with a charging cable. I'm assuming this is a soldering issue.

Is service for the X1 available in the US?

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #16,193 of 16,326
Hi all. I am a longtime owner of the DP-X1-A. Over time, the usb port has steadily grown more intermittent in its connection with a charging cable. I'm assuming this is a soldering issue.

If you do a search, within this thread, you should find some links to a third party service center that's somewhere in the NE (New York City or Boston area).

May 22, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #16,194 of 16,326
If you do a search, within this thread, you should find some links to a third party service center that's somewhere in the NE (New York City or Boston area).
Hi DBaldock9,

saw that you have Onkyo DP-X1 and LG30 in use.
I just sold my Granbeat because it is outdated as a phone.
I have a good offer for a used DP-X1 in unused conditions.
Do you think DP-X1 is soundwise up to date compared to current playars like iBasso DX200 or FIIO M11pro?
How does DP-X1 compare to LG30?

Kind Regards,

VonBoedfeld

May 22, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #16,195 of 16,326
My DP-X1 has been out of service for a number of months (bad battery, and corrupted OS), so I haven't heard it for a while. The only "current" DAPs that I have, are the Shanling M0 ($110) and some ZiShan DSDs ($140 - $180), which aren't in the same class as the DP-X1.
I do prefer using the 2.5mm TRRS Balanced Output that the DP-X1 provides, over the Single-Ended Output of the V30 - but the V30 does sound good, for a phone.

May 26, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #16,196 of 16,326
My DP-X1 has been out of service for a number of months (bad battery, and corrupted OS), so I haven't heard it for a while. The only "current" DAPs that I have, are the Shanling M0 ($110) and some ZiShan DSDs ($140 - $180), which aren't in the same class as the DP-X1.
I do prefer using the 2.5mm TRRS Balanced Output that the DP-X1 provides, over the Single-Ended Output of the V30 - but the V30 does sound good, for a phone.
hello Dbaldock9,
thanks can you recommend some sound settings for DP-X1A and I am using it with JH Angie ii in 2.5 balanced and high gain setup and love the sound signature and it seems that you have lots of tips for this Onkyo player and thanks let me know your recommended sound and other settings to get good out of it.

May 26, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #16,197 of 16,326
Thanks for your information.
I just pulled the trigger - unused DP-X1 for round 270$
I also used my Onkyo Granbeat 2.5mm in ACG mode - think there is not much on the market to beat this sq performance - hope DP-X1 is not a decrease.

May 26, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #16,198 of 16,326
hello Dbaldock9,
thanks can you recommend some sound settings for DP-X1A and I am using it with JH Angie ii in 2.5 balanced and high gain setup and love the sound signature and it seems that you have lots of tips for this Onkyo player and thanks let me know your recommended sound and other settings to get good out of it.

On my DX-P1, I usually ran UAPP as my music playing and radio station streaming app.
Since mine was rooted, I was able to install and use Viper4Android to EQ the sound when I wanted - but not when using the High Res driver in UAPP.

Jul 14, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #16,200 of 16,326

When you get it fixed try using a magnetic usb charging cable... I've switched over to using a magnetic cable on my unit... works like a charm... :L3000:

IMG_4222.jpg

Magnetic USB charging cable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back