ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 17, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #10,907 of 16,326
I think the run time of dp-x1 is quite good. I have installed 10+ apps on it (6 music players, 4 streaming apps). I even use it for trading stocks (yes Chrome is good). It can still last quite a long time.

I think the Trick is : disable the apps you don't use; and disable all notification after you install a new app.

Aug 17, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #10,908 of 16,326
  If you had to pick between the Chord mojo and the X1 what would it be? Im maybe a bit fortunate that i work at my desk 99% of the time so im able to use my work laptop for listening the vast majority of the time and the portable transportation maybe isnt the most important thing for me im realizing

If I had to choose, personally I chose the Mojo

Luckily I don't have to and have both, I actually use my DP-X1 as a transport for my Mojo
DP-X1 is so versatile great performer which plays all formats including MQA (which was my main reason for purchasing).It has both Balanced and SE output, OTG and the AGC mode I just love. It's great as a stand alone unit capable of driving all my headphones including the HD800 but not greatly, DP-X1 struggles a bit driving these.

I personally prefer the detailing I hear when listening to my Mojo and the overall sound stage and imagery.

Mojo gives me that satisfaction smile each and every time, but the DP-X1 is a very close second for my tastes.
L3000.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #10,910 of 16,326

If I had to choose, personally I chose the Mojo

Luckily I don't have to and have both, I actually use my DP-X1 as a transport for my Mojo
DP-X1 is so versatile great performer which plays all formats including MQA (which was my main reason for purchasing).It has both Balanced and SE output, OTG and the AGC mode I just love. It's great as a stand alone unit capable of driving all my headphones including the HD800 but not greatly, DP-X1 struggles a bit driving these.

I personally prefer the detailing I hear when listening to my Mojo and the overall sound stage and imagery.

Mojo gives me that satisfaction smile each and every time, but the DP-X1 is a very close second for my tastes.

L3000.gif

I am kinda back, and that's a great description of using the DP-X1 to suit your needs.

Also, loved meeting you at CanJam London dude! <3

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #10,911 of 16,326
http://m.dignis.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=127&cate_no=1&display_group=3

GODDAMMIT I already have a beautiful Dignis Design LUNO leather case (smooth), but these new ones are bloody GORGEOUS...<3

damn, as soon as I come back to Head-Fi as well...knew my wallet was gonna suffer but...sigh... -_-

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #10,913 of 16,326
GODDAMMIT I already have a beautiful Dignis Design LUNO leather case (smooth), but these new ones are bloody GORGEOUS...<3

damn, as soon as I come back to Head-Fi as well...knew my wallet was gonna suffer but...sigh... -_-

Here's the beauty that I went with....fit and finish is perfection! :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFUTOWM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #10,914 of 16,326

I am kinda back, and that's a great description of using the DP-X1 to suit your needs.

Also, loved meeting you at CanJam London dude! <3

Was great to meet the man who finally convinced me to open my wallet and purchase the DP-X1.

Ha Ha and thankfully have to two best purchases together most times but added benefits of being able to run the Onkyo as a stand alone and still not miss too much.

How are the reviews coming along MSB and Sennheiser?

Back on topic

What next for your DP-X1?

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #10,915 of 16,326
  Was great to meet the man who finally convinced me to open my wallet and purchase the DP-X1.

Ha Ha and thankfully have to two best purchases together most times but added benefits of being able to run the Onkyo as a stand alone and still not miss too much.

How are the reviews coming along MSB and Sennheiser?

Back on topic

What next for your DP-X1?

Aww man, I miss the meet, really miss everyone, actually bummed because you and everyone else was so cool...

I am humbled that I helped you in getting the DP-X1, and glad that you enjoy it too!
You were awesome to talk too, glad we met up ^^

I still think that the Lotoo Paw Gold/Titanium, Echobox Explorer, and Questyle QP-1R are the best, most powerful, decently priced DAP's out there, especially the latter with current-mode amplification, but the huge amount of benefits that the DP-X1 has to offer (over it's own weakness, including power) gave it the upper hand.
Hell, I enjoy using my Audeze EL-8 titanium (2016 drivers) running from it on high gain and balanced Active Control Ground mode (BTL is louder but not as refined)!!!

My show report will be in parts as per Steven's request from EnjoytheMusic,com, first with stalls, then demo rooms, then conference and seminars, plus added extra's.
I also work for a game company too (alongside other marketing jobs) so I didn't have time to start writing until yesterday...lots more to write...

Regrading my DP-X1, well, I did preorder x2 Sandisk 256GB MicroSDXC cards, muhahahah!

I am also getting Noble Audio Katana CIEM's, and a very special Double Helix Cables pure silver balanced IEM cable too before the end of this year (moulds were done at the meet by the famous Gisele Flower, who also vacuumed my ears), so it's now a waiting game...

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #10,916 of 16,326

Aww man, I miss the meet, really miss everyone, actually bummed because you and everyone else was so cool...

I am humbled that I helped you in getting the DP-X1, and glad that you enjoy it too!
You were awesome to talk too, glad we met up ^^

I still think that the Lotoo Paw Gold/Titanium, Echobox Explorer, and Questyle QP-1R are the best, most powerful, decently priced DAP's out there, especially the latter with current-mode amplification, but the huge amount of benefits that the DP-X1 has to offer (over it's own weakness, including power) gave it the upper hand.
Hell, I enjoy using my Audeze EL-8 titanium (2016 drivers) running from it on high gain and balanced Active Control Ground mode (BTL is louder but not as refined)!!!

My show report will be in parts as per Steven's request from EnjoytheMusic,com, first with stalls, then demo rooms, then conference and seminars, plus added extra's.
I also work for a game company too (alongside other marketing jobs) so I didn't have time to start writing until yesterday...lots more to write...

Regrading my DP-X1, well, I did preorder x2 Sandisk 256GB MicroSDXC cards, muhahahah!

I am also getting Noble Audio Katana CIEM's, and a very special Double Helix Cables pure silver balanced IEM cable too before the end of this year (moulds were done at the meet by the famous Gisele Flower, who also vacuumed my ears), so it's now a waiting game...

Looking for your report!
beerchug.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #10,917 of 16,326
I have a DP-X1 coming in the mail today (yay!) bought from another member here. I was wondering how simple it is to make playlists across sd cards? I.E some of the music i want on the playlist is on one card and vice versa. Is it possible to do that with m3u playlists?

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #10,918 of 16,326
Are you playing hires files or lossy mp3 files. Maybe that's what makes the difference? When I play high bitrate flacs I generally get no more than 5 hours (not airplane mode) if i just let it play without fiddling.

Yes, I used mostly FLAC files.Five hours is the maximum I could get from the DP-X1 I had (and that was with Airplane Mode and Standalone on). When I talked to the dealer about returning the item, he seemed to think five hours use was normal for this product. What was I supposed  to do, carry a Morphie or some other charger attached to it? It's a shame that the manufacturer put such a weak battery in an $800 device that really sounds good.

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #10,919 of 16,326
this thread is too big for me to look for info i need

can anyone kindly answer the few questions I have

1- how does the dp-x1 compare to fiio x7 using am3 or am5 modules
2- how is the bass compared to fiio x7
3- how is the eq in dp-x1
4- which has a wider sound stage fiio or onkyo
5- how do 3rd party apps sound compared to stock music app

i know its lots of questions but it would be nice to get as many answers as possible

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #10,920 of 16,326
There are very cheap deals online for the DP-X1. I take it I should go for an authorised dealer who can deal with any issues that arise? I am amazed to read of the problems people have been having with this unit. Onkyo are not a boutique manufacturer!
Have issues with jack sockets now been resolved or is this ongoing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back