ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 22, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #7,547 of 16,326
Now, about SanDisk releasing 512 GB MicroSDXC cards...they need to do it soon, so Amazon can then discount it my end of this year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Drat can I wait that long and i wonder how much that will set us all back?

blink.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #7,549 of 16,326
  It will be around $1k at launch, so buying two straight away to max out DP-X1 is not too feasible

Lol
Sounds about right. One will do for now but not at that price.

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #7,550 of 16,326
Great write up

Quite funny to see the changes in expression from the start of the day up to the end shot

:dt880smile:

Drat can I wait that long and i wonder how much that will set us all back?

:blink:

Aww, you're making me blush :flushed:

Yeah it was a LONG day because of my two new positions, training, preparing for this weekend promotional game stuff, etc.
Only had a chance for a few drinks with colleagues and that's it...
Ha ha ha so obvious that I looked knackered in the last pic :p

Though I've not submitted my formal review on here, I did write up a comparison headphone review on FB using my DP-X1 as source (for Head-Fi FB page). I think you've read it Masterpfa.
However that was more centred on the headphones than the DP-X1.

My above write up is just a simple blog like thing, but I'm sharing how my lifestyle works with my gear.
Sonic impressions is one thing but living with gear is sorely missing from much audio talk.
That's what I've been focusing on via social mediums.

So I hope this is all fun to read ^^

Regarding the 512 GB MicroSDXC cards? Yeah I really want to know too, because my dual 128 GB cards (avaliable space post format = approx 240 GB :/ ) isn't enough anymore...

I love these two to bits, and the cases are not bad, either :)

Oh my, they look gorgeous dude! Chord Mojo and DP-X1 lovingly shrouded in premium Italian leather...drool...:heart_eyes:

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #7,551 of 16,326
It will be around $1k at launch, so buying two straight away to max out DP-X1 is not too feasible

Oh I know the approx price, but that's why I worded my post careful.

If SanDisk release soon, then Amazon WILL (most likely) discount by Christmas.
It's what they did for the 128 GB cards last year.
If it's delayed very late, then Christmas or January sales discounts might not happen.
So, SanDisk, RELEASE YOUR EXPENSIVE CARDS SO WE CAN GET DISCOUNTS AT CHRISTMAS!

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #7,554 of 16,326
Funny thing is, this time last year there were rumors about the 512GB micro SD will be launched in July. They got the year wrong...

BARSTOOLS

But I know why they are delaying the release; SanDisk released the 200 GB MicroSDXC, so to make sure they don't cause issues with the sales of that card, they delayed the 512 GB MicroSDXC.

Source? Digital Trends.

:rage:

The best advice for anyone planning to buy a > 200GB µSD in future is to watch closely for when I buy one.

Historically, they've always dropped in price shortly after that  :mad:  :smile:  

Well I shall stalk you for a bit then yay woooooo!

Also, I need 2x 512 GB MicroSDXC cards plz kthnxbai :heartbeat:

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #7,555 of 16,326
I finally will be receiving the DP-X1 today and I bought the Dignis case which will hopefully be here next week. I told my wife to be watching out for a "package" and she was like what did you buy now, they don't need to know everything. Either way, I'm really stoked to get this. I'm not really expecting a huge SQ difference from my DX90 which to me is almost perfection in sound. My DX80 going into my iFi DSD Micro is what I REALLY enjoy and near perfection.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #7,556 of 16,326
BARSTOOLS

But I know why they are delaying the release; SanDisk released the 200 GB MicroSDXC, so to make sure they don't cause issues with the sales of that card, they delayed the 512 GB MicroSDXC.

Source? Digital Trends.

I don't buy any of that article ... the 256GB cards never materialised either.

The reason Sandisk went for 200GB rather than 256 as might have been expected, it that 200GB is the physical limit of the format using current planar manufacturing techniques.

The move to higher capacities requires the use of all new 3D NAND Flash technologies on the card. Toshiba and Sandisk have jointly invested in a new fabrication facility for the higher capacity memory that was expected to begin initial production around now. I haven't kept up with reports of progress but I expect commercially available samples are still some way off. I also expect that the takeover of Sandisk by WD will be an unwelcome distraction for those of us waiting to get our hands on these high capacity beasties.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #7,557 of 16,326
 I finally will be receiving the DP-X1 today and I bought the Dignis case which will hopefully be here next week. I told my wife to be watching out for a "package" and she was like what did you buy now, they don't need to know everything. Either way, I'm really stoked to get this. I'm not really expecting a huge SQ difference from my DX90 which to me is almost perfection in sound. My DX80 going into my iFi DSD Micro is what I REALLY enjoy and near perfection.

First, good luck with your wife; hopefully you'll not have 'too' many scratches...he he he... :wink:

I seriously can't wait for you to enjoy the DP-X1, and as much as I've seen many unboxing pics and my own box and DAP, do post pics anyway!

Sonically this DAP blows almost all the gear I have ever heard in terms of clarity, transparency and it's utterly tremendous power to lay bare any music I throw at it. I still think the iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50 that I once used is more soulful and richer, it's not got that addictive delineating DETAIL and layering that the DP-X1 has (even though the Retero Stereo 50 is utterly beautiful sounding itself).
I also think that the Questyle QP1r, Astel and Kern AK240, and AK380 (with or without AK380 Amp) will be sonically better than the DP-X1. However the DP-X1 smokes everything feature wise, and again feature wise combined with price (NO DAP comes close in either of those two areas)!

The Dignis case is excessive but I think will really add to the luster of the DP-X1 (as well as street cred) :D

Anyway, have fun and keep us in the loop ^^

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #7,558 of 16,326

I don't buy any of that article ... the 256GB cards never materialised either.

The reason Sandisk went for 200GB rather than 256 as might have been expected, it that 200GB is the physical limit of the format using current planar manufacturing techniques.

The move to higher capacities requires the use of all new 3D NAND Flash technologies on the card. Toshiba and Sandisk have jointly invested in a new fabrication facility for the higher capacity memory that was expected to begin initial production around now. I haven't kept up with reports of progress but I expect commercially available samples are still some way off. I also expect that the takeover of Sandisk by WD will be an unwelcome distraction for those of us waiting to get our hands on these high capacity beasties.

Interesting, as I haven't seen the 256 GB cards either...

Hmm, I was referring the this guy Digital Trends was quoting: Michael Anderson, Vice President of New Product Development (from Microdia?).

So, unless the article writer was badly informed, or the guy Anderson was just very misninformed. I'll agree to take that article with a pinch of salt.

Nah, maybe a tonne of salt.

:wink:

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #7,559 of 16,326
could anyone please confirm the contents of DP-X1 package received from pricejapan? I have sealed USB cable and sealed japanese manual with some other papers. was there a standalone warranty card inside the package? or something else? thanks

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #7,560 of 16,326
  could anyone please confirm the contents of DP-X1 package received from pricejapan? I have sealed USB cable and sealed japanese manual with some other papers. was there a standalone warranty card inside the package? or something else? thanks

Er, there should be something inside the sealed set of manual books. I've checked and I have mine but it's in Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back