ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 31, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #6,736 of 16,326
Don't know about you, but I think the DSP is useless. When I switch it off, the sound is more natural and the base is deeper and cleaner. I though that's the case only when DP-X1 is transport only but as it turn out the same happens in SE mode on my Flare R2Pros. No EQ active with DSP on by the way. What's your experience?

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #6,738 of 16,326
Hello, I'm a small time cable maker and some people have requested 2.5mm balanced for the onkyo dpx1. The thing is I've done, from tip L+R+L-R- and the ak spec from tip R-R+L+L-. Both ways work with the onkyo player can anyone tell me why?

With the first (incorrect) configuration, each earpiece will get half the right-channel signal and half the left-channel signal.

While you will hear an output it is not the correct audio for each channel.

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #6,740 of 16,326
Can anyone give me an audio comparison of Spotify Premium versus Tidal Premium?

I have a 6 month free Tidal from Echobox but am currently very fond of Spotify Premium aka CD quality and the selection available through Spotify.

Thanks.

Personally, I would rate the difference around two thirds of not a lot 
smile.gif

Tidal Lossless is CD quality, Spotify 'extreme' quality is 320 kbps compressed. If I listen very carefully and clinically I can hear a difference on some tracks but for general enjoyment of music they are pretty much equal.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #6,741 of 16,326
  I like to delete as many apps as possible because I use this to play music not to do ANY other thing. Can I delete these two apps - Google Play Services 92.66MB and Google App 50.96MB? What do they do?

They are trying to get people into the whole Google Ecosystem thing, same as Apple, same as Windows, same as any business model. You want customers to consider you a one stop shop.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #6,742 of 16,326
  I like to delete as many apps as possible because I use this to play music not to do ANY other thing. Can I delete these two apps - Google Play Services 92.66MB and Google App 50.96MB? What do they do?

These two you will need to leave active, Google Play Services is needed for the Google Play store and enable you to get the updates to the apps you do use.
Google app is the "Search" facility that comes as standard, probably advisable to leave this one too.

I personally have gone via the settings>app>all and I disabled the Google apps I didn't need ie Books, Movies, Drive etc as Google will not permit the removal of the "Essential" apps

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #6,744 of 16,326
Mar 31, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #6,745 of 16,326
  These two you will need to leave active, Google Play Services is needed for the Google Play store and enable you to get the updates to the apps you do use.
Google app is the "Search" facility that comes as standard, probably advisable to leave this one too.

I personally have gone via the settings>app>all and I disabled the Google apps I didn't need ie Books, Movies, Drive etc as Google will not permit the removal of the "Essential" apps

Thank you. I have now just done that.

Two things still irk:
1. The Google microphone bar at the top still appears every now and then. It's like some annoying banner ad that you have to pay 99 cents to get rid of.
2. When you adjust the volume wheel, sometimes you get this Notification banner at the top even though I have put all notifications off indefinitely.

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #6,747 of 16,326
  Thank you. I have now just done that.

Two things still irk:
1. The Google microphone bar at the top still appears every now and then. It's like some annoying banner ad that you have to pay 99 cents to get rid of.
2. When you adjust the volume wheel, sometimes you get this Notification banner at the top even though I have put all notifications off indefinitely.

These can be annoying to some. One suggestion is to use another launcher for example Nova Launcher, this I believe will allow you to remove the constant Goggle Search Bar as well as choose the number of Home screens you have.

The only Notification I can see with the volume wheel activated is Volume level indicator which only appears with the screen on..

Is this what you mean?

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #6,748 of 16,326
  These can be annoying to some. One suggestion is to use another launcher for example Nova Launcher, this I believe will allow you to remove the constant Goggle Search Bar as well as choose the number of Home screens you have.

The only Notification I can see with the volume wheel activated is Volume level indicator which only appears with the screen on..

Is this what you mean?

Thanks once again.

It's a white banner ad-style at the top of the screen. I have not worked out when it appears and when it does not. Basically it allows you to mute notifications though it ignores my settings to mute it indefinitely. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #6,750 of 16,326
Hi folks, I'm new here and I have post this in the introduction forum but I guess I should try my luck here. I have an Onkyo DP-X1 and a Chord Mojo and I use OTG cable in between them. Sometimes in the middle of a track the mojo would go silent for few seconds. I tried to search the forums but with no solution. The Onkyo on it's own would not do this. Is it the problem of the mojo or the problem of the OTG driver of the Onkyo? The Onkyo has the latest firmware. It sound much more transparent than before but with the mojo combination still has the lead. Many thanks. And sorry if this issue has been post before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back