ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 18, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #5,536 of 16,326
:
Got my Peterek balanced cable. This thing is made of magic conductive silk! Time to see if DP-X1 balanced can compete with Mojo. Balanced is more portable, no question, as there's less bulk and the Peterek cable is easier to live with than the stiffer Lavri

Looks nice, I see he used black at the cup connector, I think I like that effect more than the silver on mine (which I still really like). Looking forward to your thoughts on balanced.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #5,539 of 16,326
Got my Peterek balanced cable. This thing is made of magic conductive silk! Time to see if DP-X1 balanced can compete with Mojo. Balanced is more portable, no question, as there's less bulk and the Peterek cable is easier to live with than the stiffer Lavri

Been talking with Peterek as well, seems to be a great guy, excellent communication and offering a fair price. My only question is whether the all copper wire he suggests will favor lows / warmth at the expense of mids / highs / detail. What HP is are you using? I'd love to hear your impression of the sound signature of DP-X1 with this balanced cable.
Thanks, hope you're really enjoying it!

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #5,540 of 16,326
lol I've paid for the dignis case and its already shipped out. Hope that my DAP will come soon too :D

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #5,542 of 16,326
I have tried a Kingston 512GB SD card with a micro SD card adapter, DP-X1 recognizes the card and it´s size, but does´t scan the songs. Anybody has a solution?

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #5,546 of 16,326
  I have a feeling folder browsing will make it to the DP-X1, I can't prove that, but I have a good feeling based on the one poster here who said that in Japan on a forum the users made the Onkyo reps who apparently were on the forum aware of the folder browsing which was supposed to be frequently requested by the users there.

I believe especially for the Western Markets Onkyo may feel the need to include this and there was a mention on the original link.

Still, to me Mojo single ended kicks ass of many balanced implementation, probably not the only example... hell, it can be argued that in some use case, single ended on DP-X1 is better than balanced with lower output impedance...

I would say I prefer my Mojo SE sound wise but the DX-P1 does make for a more portable option. that plus my Mojo will drive all my HP's without any problems the DX-P1 struggles with my HD800's

I have tried a Kingston 512GB SD card with a micro SD card adapter, DP-X1 recognizes the card and it´s size, but does´t scan the songs. Anybody has a solution?

I have ordered the adapter, just awaiting delivery, can I ask where you purchased your 512GB SD card from?

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #5,548 of 16,326

I bought the Kingston 512GB from Amazon.de for € 240 5 weeks ago, but it is down to € 190 now.

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #5,549 of 16,326

I bought the Kingston 512GB from Amazon.de for € 240 5 weeks ago, but it is down to € 190 now.

Amazon.de hear I come
beerchug.gif

EDIT: Went for the 256Gb on UK Amazon for now, especially at £64. I will have a look later on in the year nearer Black Friday or as cost may well fall generally. Currently my entire library fits on about 150Gb on my existing 200Gb micro SD card

But thanks for the head up 

Hopefully all of this will fit within my Onkyo branded case (once it arrives!)

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #5,550 of 16,326

Card is synchronizing now, just takes quite long to get 512 GB into the system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back