ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 20, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #2,281 of 16,326
@FidelityCastro - bro, I just got around to subscribing tidal and man, the EDM albums on the Onkyo are just too awesome. Every note, bass hit, everything sounds so clear. Makes me feel like I'm actually at the rave. Thanks for the recommendation. Would give it 10 thumbs up if I had enough hands.

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #2,282 of 16,326
does the dp x1 have the same line out like ak100ii, as i am selling my ak100ii and i want to connect the new dap to the mojo

is it the same cable optical cable that is used by the ak100ii line out as the dp-x1

Similar to the AK100ii, DPX1 does not have a dedicated line out. Instead they share the same jack for Headphone Out via controls. Side by side the DPX1 shames the AK100ii. Even more so when price comes into play.

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,284 of 16,326
Similar to the AK100ii, DPX1 does not have a dedicated line out. Instead they share the same jack for Headphone Out via controls. Side by side the DPX1 shames the AK100ii. Even more so when price comes into play.

so is it optical as ak100ii

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #2,285 of 16,326
To my fellow DP-X1 owners, do you guys know how to take a screenshot? Normally on Android, you hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously. Obviously, there is no volume down button on the DP-X1. Any ideas how to take a screenshot? Preferably without downloading a separate app.

Hold power+previous button at the same time.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #2,286 of 16,326
Hold power+previous button at the same time.

Sorry, do you mean the previous track button or the previous button on the touch screen? If you mean the previous track button, I tried that and it keeps rewinding to the previous song track. Also the stupid "Power off" window pops up every time I hold the power button, and the longer I hold it, the device just shuts off.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #2,287 of 16,326
Sorry, do you mean the previous track button or the previous button on the touch screen? If you mean the previous track button, I tried that and it keeps rewinding to the previous song track. Also the stupid "Power off" window pops up every time I hold the power button, and the longer I hold it, the device just shuts off.

The physical buttons. You just gonna press both same time and hold it.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #2,290 of 16,326
I finally figured out taking a screenshot. It still sucks because after taking the screenshot, the track rewinds and the current song plays again. :/

By the way, I replaced the default launcher with Google Now Launcher.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #2,291 of 16,326
Can the DP-X1 be used as a USB DAC/Amp?

I'm super interested in Android DAPs that can do this.  I want to be able to load up some of my flac music, run spotify at work, and also use USB on my work PC when i want to switch to getting sound from that decently...

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #2,292 of 16,326
  Can the DP-X1 be used as a USB DAC/Amp?

I'm super interested in Android DAPs that can do this.  I want to be able to load up some of my flac music, run spotify at work, and also use USB on my work PC when i want to switch to getting sound from that decently...

Unfortunately, no. It is strictly a DAP. When connected to a PC or Mac, you can only access the DP-X1's memory and SD cards in the unit. Windows does not recognize it as a USB DAC/amp and Onkyo only provides software for music transfer from PC to the DP-X1. http://www.jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/headphone/dpx1/download.htm

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #2,295 of 16,326
i'm experiencing a weird problem with my DP-X1. 

Whenever the DSP function is on, playback sometimes gets distorted using the stock app. However, this does not happen when I turn off the DSP function. For example, playing track 1 is fine, but when it hits track 2, the sound suddenly gets distorted, even when I press forward to the next track. 

The only way for me to revert the sound back is to turn off the DSP. 

Anyone else had experienced this ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back