ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 1, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #6,001 of 16,326
Nope, when I click the link the user provided me to the UK based web store, they are asking 319 pounds. when I select the US version of the site the US pricing for the IEM is $459US. Don't forget, resellers can sell it for as much as they like, the MSRP is just that, a suggested price.

https://www.eglobalcentral.de/onkyo-e900m-3-ways-hybrid-kopfhoerer-schwarz.html

399 euro :wink:

Mar 1, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #6,002 of 16,326
https://www.eglobalcentral.de/onkyo-e900m-3-ways-hybrid-kopfhoerer-schwarz.html

399 euro
wink.gif

See US based customers at this link

https://www.eglobalcentral.com/onkyo-e900m-3-ways-hybrid-architecture-earphone-black.html

Now you see the games played?

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #6,004 of 16,326

Err, the MSRP is $449 for the E900M (see edit of Gibson's press realise I posted earlier)... I don't think $10 is gouging is it?

My bad, I thought the IEM was $299, but that is the portable over ear. Good to see there is no shenanigans going on. Thanks for the clarification. 

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #6,005 of 16,326
  My bad, I thought the IEM was $299, but that is the portable over ear. Good to see there is no shenanigans going on. Thanks for the clarification. 

An easy mistake to make, no worries!
I thought you were all talking about an (over ear) headphone, so I wasn't really paying much attention lol
redface.gif

Then I clicked on the link to find a rather gorgeous looking set of IEMs!
Can anyone tell me a bit more about them? Were they designed with the DP-X1 in mind? Are they balanced or SE?
Intended sound signature? BA or Hybrid or what?
Number of drivers?
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #6,007 of 16,326
Here more info and Pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Amazing! Thanks very much!

For a moment, I thought the webpage was entirely in Chinese lol. I can read about one character in every 5, nowhere near enough to understand much of even the general meaning, never mind the technical details
biggrin.gif

Thankfully, normal service resumed with the English translations further down the page
redface.gif

I particularly liked this part: "Available in black finishes". Any colour you like, as long as.. :p

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #6,008 of 16,326
Here more info and Pics
smily_headphones1.gif

On that page, I also found a link for the Onkyo E600M IEM's.
They really remind me of my Dunu Titan 1es lol. I'm guessing they're also a hybrid!

Mar 1, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #6,009 of 16,326
It's nice to see that they include 2 pairs of Comply Ts tips.

This spherical Ts series deserves more exposure, it's much easier to insert and can be fit with different angled without the foam being too compressed due to the spherical shape, unlike the conical T and Tx series.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #6,012 of 16,326
Would any US buyers have experienced of how many days the US customs could hold the audio products of Japan? My Onkyo DP-X1 is held since 2days in LA.

It will depend on many factors, but most customs services tell you how long the maximum is. I had my TH 900 stuck in customs here for almost a week so it does happen.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #6,014 of 16,326
  @Theogenes, I can't imagine why balanced would have any impact on treble, and certainly not like you are describing. I can only assume that something else is behind that issue. I agree with your findings, the build is solid while unexciting, but frankly for me looks are not as important so that doesn't bother me much either. Sound is where I hang my hat and I'm a pretty big fan so far of the sound. Just tonight driving the 400i brought a smile to my face while listening to a awesome mix of Nu-Jazz from the Saint Germain des Pres cafe series (highly recommend this series by the way for content and quality of sound).

Yeah, I'm not sure either. The ASG-2 has always lacked a touch of treble sparkle and extension (compared to the ER-4PT, my reference for treble), but this is a pretty large deviation. I should be able to further track down the issue once my Null Audio balanced cables arrive, and I'm in the process of trying to pick up another IEM (with a 2-pin connector), so that should allow me to pretty confidently point towards the whatever source for this there is. 

And I didn't originally intend on posting those impressions here, but only decided to on a whim shortly afterwards-- elsewise I would have made it more clear that I don't have any issues whatsoever with the looks and build (and actually appreciate the gentle slope around the volume knob), but that I just find them more functional than aesthetic. Personally, I would rather have a device that was not unattractive but also not unreasonably priced rather than one milled from aircraft aluminum (or something equally cool but unpractical). Opinions differ here, natch. 

If this is what you mean, there is a brightness control slider and accessible from anywhere. Just swipe down the status bar.

Probably should have clarified here. Yep, I use the brightness control all the time; I just greatly prefer an auto-adjusting brightness that doesn't require manual adjustment. I've downloaded the Lux brightness app someone recommended earlier, but haven't really spent any time figuring out if it can somehow do this without a camera or light sensor yet (not holding my breath). Good call-out on this, I might've confused people with how I put that. 

Day 2 on EQ'd audio, and thus far, I'm exceedingly impressed. Haven't listened to this much audio while on the go in a long time, maybe not ever, honestly. Great device, this DP-X1!

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #6,015 of 16,326

And I didn't originally intend on posting those impressions here, but only decided to on a whim shortly afterwards-- elsewise I would have made it more clear that I don't have any issues whatsoever with the looks and build (and actually appreciate the gentle slope around the volume knob), but that I just find them more functional than aesthetic. Personally, I would rather have a device that was not unattractive but also not unreasonably priced rather than one milled from aircraft aluminum (or something equally cool but unpractical). Opinions differ here, natch. 

Nothing wrong with you posting your impressions, I agree. Ideally it would be a little more attractive, hence why I called it utilitarian looking. Functional, and solid, but not the most lovely DAP for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back