1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393
395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404
Next

Last
  1. krismusic Contributor
    I like your plan!
    I'm a bit sceptical about the Mojo but that's just me.
    When you are ready you could contact Gisele at Aid2Hearing in North London. She has the full Noble lineup for audition, try the N4 as well as the Savant.
    Gisele also has the Mojo.
    The K10 would fit the sound sig that you describe perfectly but that's outside your budget.
    Gisele is a qualified audiologist and can check your ears and take impressions should you wish to go the custom route.

2. masterpfa
    I'm not in the market, but getting the opportunity to try the Noble range as so much has been said about them on Head-Fi, seems like  something not to be missed.
    That plus I live in North London too 
    Thanks for the heads up.
    [​IMG]

3. Chevalierr
    stay tuned to my impressions when my Onkyo arrives (sometimes next week)

will be using it with my K10's and a balanced cable from Linum(just got it from CANJAM Singapore last weekend)

4. Layman1

That's a terrific recommendation, thanks a lot! Especially as I do live in London too, as apparently does 'Masterpfa'!
    I hadn't been paying attention to people's locations, but it seems there must be at least a few of us in the sprawling metropolis lol.
    Great stuff.. I'll look out for people with exotic looking earphones on the tube next time [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Layman1

Wonderful.
    "Ask and ye shall receive" [​IMG]

6. masterpfa
    I'll be the one with ACS CIEM or Finder X1
    And a Mojo smile on my face
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. FidelityCastro
    @Layman1, what kind of music do you listen to mostly?

8. krismusic Contributor
    It surprises me that even though I travel on public transport a lot I rarely see anyone with anything interesting.
    Gisele works from her (very nice) home. She is lovely. So all very relaxed and no pressure. Plenty of time to listen to whatever you want to. Worth bearing in mind that she has school age children when you make your appointment.

9. Layman1

Hmm. I have very eclectic tastes..
    Rock (with most of it's subgenres, soft, hard, etc), Hip-Hop, RnB (both the traditional and modern definitions of it!), Soul, Blues, Motown, Jazz, Classical, Folk, Bluegrass, Punk, Chinese and Korean pop (and bits and pieces from other countries too), Christmas carols (I love them all year round, cosy and relaxing feeling lol), Bollywood OST..
    Pretty much the only things I don't like are Dance music and Thrashy/Screamy metal, although even then there are exceptions in both cases.
    I suppose if I had to narrow it down, I predominantly listen to playlists based around relaxing music (mainly acoustic guitar, piano and strings plus vocals, along with bits from the more relaxing if tge genres above) and rock, pop and hip-hop.
    I would love to start listing all the artists I love (with a view to promoting/introducing them to people), but I suspect that would ultimately be a bit self indulgent or narcisistic, so I shall refrain unless requested otherwise lol [​IMG]

How about you? :D

10. masterpfa
    I will do, I'll wait until my week of rest before trying to arrange an appointment.
    I have always been intrigued by the K10 and the Savants with many glowing reports and especially as they are available in both CIEM and UIEM

11. FarmAndrex
    I listened to those tracks (2009 remasters). Not hearing a gap.Odd

12. ctsooner22
    I'm looking hard at the Onkyo for my Savant's. I LOVE THEM.  Best IEM I've heard and I've heard most of the more expensive ones when in Japan this summer.  The Savant's are just incredible.  I do want to hear the K10's as those I haven't heard yet, but I have a few friend who listen the way I do and they swear by them..

13. Layman1
  14. Layman1

Oops, this was meant to be a reply to the Krismusic comment about Aid2Hearing.
    Context is always a good thing :p

15. krismusic Contributor
    Have fun and post back what you reckon. :)

First

Back
384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393
395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404
Next

Last