ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 18, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #5,492 of 16,326
Feb 18, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #5,493 of 16,326
Feb 18, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #5,494 of 16,326
Qp1r has balanced out ?

No, it's Onkyo, most of the time people always compared only Single-ended out to other daps, they think it's somewhat called "Fair" 

I heard so many different opinions on QP1R right now like it outclasses DP-X1 but never seen a more detail specific comparison between the 2 using the best they could.

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #5,498 of 16,326
  No, it's Onkyo, most of the time people always compared only Single-ended out to other daps, they think it's somewhat called "Fair" 

I heard so many different opinions on QP1R right now like it outclasses DP-X1 but never seen a more detail specific comparison between the 2 using the best they could.

QP1R is one of the top DAPs out there, I am not sure many have both heard DP-X1 and QP1R as they probably target different people. Probably most people that have heard both have auditioned one or both in a store.

I will oversimplify but to me, QP1R is in a small group of DAPs (along with Lotoo Paw Gold for example), that are first and foremost focused on the best possible SQ (meant to be great, with no amp too) with lesser concern on usability (going further than more friendly DAPs like Cowon P1 & S, HM-901... etc).

Smart DAPs like the DP-X1 have a very different approach, usability and connectedness are key features but aside from something like the ZX2 or maybe the AR M2, there is not exotic component (ZX2) or powerful amp (AR M2). They aim at being very good but not up to DAC/amps territory. 

I don't think it makes sense to say it's unfair to compare DP-X1 balanced to single ended QP1R. 
I love the DP-X1 but I think QP1R is in another league, with apparently great value for money compared to Lotoo or top AKs.

The way I see DP-X1 is great value for money and very good SQ out of the box, with the ability to be upgraded to something still compact and even as good or better than those DAPs paired with say Chord Mojo or ALO CDM.

I'd love to see more DAPs like ZX2 that are a mix of both approach. The ZX2's amp is my main gripe really. Otherwise as @Whitigir often said, tonal body density, micro dynamics are just several notch up on the ZX2 compared to DP-X1. I think we'll see that happen, as I can't imagine top DAPs not being connected and with a decent UI in the long run.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #5,499 of 16,326

QP1R is one of the top DAPs out there, I am not sure many have both heard DP-X1 and QP1R as they probably target different people. Probably most people that have heard both have auditioned one or both in a store.

I will oversimplify but to me, QP1R is in a small group of DAPs (along with Lotoo Paw Gold for example), that are first and foremost focused on the best possible SQ (meant to be great, with no amp too) with lesser concern on usability (going further than more friendly DAPs like Cowon P1 & S, HM-901... etc).

Smart DAPs like the DP-X1 have a very different approach, usability and connectedness are key features but aside from something like the ZX2 or maybe the AR M2, there is not exotic component (ZX2) or powerful amp (AR M2). They aim at being very good but not up to DAC/amps territory. 

I don't think it makes sense to say it's unfair to compare DP-X1 balanced to single ended QP1R. 
I love the DP-X1 but I think QP1R is in another league, with apparently great value for money compared to Lotoo or top AKs.

The way I see DP-X1 is great value for money and very good SQ out of the box, with the ability to be upgraded to something still compact and even as good or better than those DAPs paired with say Chord Mojo or ALO CDM.

I'd love to see more DAPs like ZX2 that are a mix of both approach. The ZX2's amp is my main gripe really. Otherwise as @Whitigir often said, tonal body density, micro dynamics are just several notch up on the ZX2 compared to DP-X1. I think we'll see that happen, as I can't imagine top DAPs not being connected and with a decent UI in the long run.

Interesting , I found DP-X1 superior to ZX2 after all.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #5,500 of 16,326
  Interesting , I found DP-X1 superior to ZX2 after all.

Without hearing the ZX2 my impression is that it is fairly warm and upfront sounding, so some will prefer that, certainly if they had spent enough time with as the brain likes what it gets used to.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #5,501 of 16,326
As an aside here, for anybody interested in wireless, the XTZ Divine is awesome sounding. It is still a small driver so it won't rumble down low, but it is a solid sound signature, very good and balanced. I won't get rid of my PM3, but it is nice to have a quality, wireless option. The XTZ DSP Android app is pretty basic, but functional so if you really thirst for a small, on the go wireless setup the Divine is also aptX enabled.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #5,502 of 16,326
If someone can help here and save me the time of searching through this forum, is folder play possible or not with the default music player app?
If not, has someone tested one that does work?
I would like to play album folders within a folder, for example, a folder with all 2015 releases, setup as folders within the 2015 folder, then play all the music within that 2015 folder.
The AK players can do it, so it's not unheard of.
thanks

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #5,503 of 16,326
  If someone can help here and save me the time of searching through this forum, is folder play possible or not with the default music player app?
If not, has someone tested one that does work?
I would like to play album folders within a folder, for example, a folder with all 2015 releases, setup as folders within the 2015 folder, then play all the music within that 2015 folder.
The AK players can do it, so it's not unheard of.
thanks

sorry ,its not possible at this moment, not sure about future...

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #5,504 of 16,326
  sorry ,its not possible at this moment, not sure about future...

Okay, thanks, another solution then is an app that would play by year in the music coding.
3rd party music apps, do they work as well as the default music player?
thanks again for any help here.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #5,505 of 16,326

Okay, thanks, another solution then is an app that would play by year in the music coding.
3rd party music apps, do they work as well as the default music player?
thanks again for any help here.

the third party apps work but they are not best compatible like default app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back