ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 14, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #421 of 16,326
  Yep, indeed. This what happens when larger company take action, they have the means to produce the device at reasonable price. Now we just have to wait and see if it delivers.

wow so it has been released the onkyo dap from where can i buy it that ships internationally

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #423 of 16,326
  I guess using pricejapn and sites alike. The pioneer model sale for 60000 Yen. 

I am sure this will end up been sold overseas matter of time. 

i do not see it on pricejapan yet

i am so happy about the price now that is what i call what dap prices should be not like other insanely priced daps out there

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #424 of 16,326
  i do not see it on pricejapan yet

i am so happy about the price now that is what i call what dap prices should be not like other insanely priced daps out there

It is not out yet, it will out end of novermber and once it is you can pay pricejapan a fee to buy one for you or you can use tenso to save that buyers fee. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #425 of 16,326
The Japanese article mentioned a late November release. If I live away from home am I allowed to buy myself something for Christmas? 

Given that it was announced in Germany it should be available elsewhere quite soon after the local release, or so I hope. Waiting to hear if there's going to be a volume cap for non-Japanese versions before I make a purchase. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #426 of 16,326
I was at a audio shop and they were selling the Pioneer amp/dac for over 1k.

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #427 of 16,326

The price war will not end. If anything, it's just beginning. Audio is more expensive than ever to play with.

Take a look at headphone prices in general. 2 years ago, who would have said that the Sennheiser HD800 is a value for money flagship? Now, in 2015, it is exactly that; a value for money flagship. Look at what prices the other flagship cans are going for now; the likes of HE-1000, LCD-4 and Ether.

Manufacturers are charging crazy prices because they can and audiophiles will still buy them. All we can do is to spend within our means. 

sorry man but the insanely priced daps or headphone manufatcures that price their gear so dam high are tiny companies compared to onkyo, pioneer, sony

its the boutigue companies that are putting insane prices for something not worth the asking price, now welcome the big giants like onkyo and sony to change things, finally onkyo will slash all other companies with such a price

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #428 of 16,326
  price released, http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20151014_725416.html

69800 Yen.

WOW!!
Finally!!

Its price is $584.09!!!

Unbelievable!!
This completely kills AK380, AK240, AK120, AK100, Calyx M, Cowon P1, HM901, Sony ZX1 and ZX2.
I hope we never see those overpriced DAPs again in audio device history...
If DP-X1 is $584, Pioneer's 100R would be $484. 

AK will bankrupt very soon. iRiver will disappear by the end of this year unless they drop all of their prices down to $300. 
This Onkyo DAP is better than AK380 in nearly all aspects including UI, price, design, OS, battery life, storage (two microSD), etc. 
It costs only 16% of AK380's price.

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #429 of 16,326
  WOW!!
Finally!!

Its price is $584.09!!!

Unbelievable!!
This completely kills AK380, AK240, AK120, AK100, Calyx M, Cowon P1, HM901, Sony ZX1 and ZX2.
I hope we never see those overpriced DAPs again in audio device history...
If DP-X1 is $584, Pioneer's 100R would be $484. 

AK will bankrupt very soon. iRiver will disappear by the end of this year unless they drop all of their price down to $300. 

hail onkyo the giant people company

goodbye to all those insanley greedy companies

and goodbye to all hidden agendas , and welcome welcome onkyo for this amazing slap in the face directed to the greedy companies

i feel i need to write a song hailing onkyo, until i do listen to bon jovi song called burning bridges and apply it to how i feel to greedy companies

here are the lyrics

Sayonara​
Adios, auf wiedersehen, farewell,​
Adieu, good night, guten abend,​
Here's one last song you can sell​
Lets call it burning bridges​
It's a sing along as well​
Ciao, adieu, good nacht, guten abend​
Play it for your friends in hell​
Someone shut the lights off​
Turn the page​
The stories I could write​
I've seen a million faces​
And I've lived a couple lives​
Here's our history for all to see​
The smiles and all the scars​
First the rising then the falling​
Call this chapter shooting stars​
That must sound good from where you are​
Sayonara​
Let's call it burning bridges​
Play it for your friends in hell​
Check the box​
Mark this day​
There's nothing more to say​
After 30 years of loyalty​
They let you dig the grave​
Now maybe you could learn to sing​
Or even strum along​
I'll give you half the publishing​
You're why I wrote this song​
Everybody sing along​
Sayonara​
Lets call it burning bridges​
Hope my money and my masters​
Buy a front row seat in hell​
Play this for your friends in st. tropez​

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #430 of 16,326
I wouldn't celebrate so fast yet, but the price man, holy crap! I thought I must shelf more than $800. Now if the reviews points out to a very good SQ comparable to that of 240 or even 380, things might change in a big way. Who knows but I really hope they succeed in this endeavour, someone needs to put an end to this madness.

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #431 of 16,326
  hail onkyo the giant people company

goodbye to all those insanley greedy companies

and goodbye to all hidden agendas , and welcome welcome onkyo for this amazing slap in the face directed to the greedy companies

i feel i need to write a song hailing onkyo

The game is over.

Onkyo has proved that they can manufacture much better devices for 16% of AK380's cost. 
$584 is very reasonable. It costs the same as a smartphone. I was always thinking DAPs should not cost more than smartphones when they have less features and worse design, UI, battery life, etc. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #432 of 16,326
A few reactions: 

- It`s even less expensive than I expected - the Onkyo rep told me `around 20,000y more than the Pioneer` so I assumed it would be 20k more, or slightly more than 20k more.  It`s only 10k more? 

- Let`s not get too giddy and call it an AK-killer until we hear it.  People can denigrate AK all they want on price, customer service, design, etc, but I don`t think anyone can say they don`t sound fantastic.  It would take a lot more than (less insane) pricing to make me give up my 120ii. 

- If you would like one more thing to celebrate, that ¥70,000 figure is almost certainly the list price; actual store prices in Japan will be at least 10% less. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #433 of 16,326
  A few reactions: 

- It`s even less expensive than I expected - the Onkyo rep told me `around 20,000y more than the Pioneer` so I assumed it would be 20k more, or slightly more than 20k more.  It`s only 10k more? 

- Let`s not get too giddy and call it an AK-killer until we hear it.  People can denigrate AK all they want on price, customer service, design, etc, but I don`t think anyone can say they don`t sound fantastic.  It would take a lot more than (less insane) pricing to make me give up my 120ii. 

- If you would like one more thing to celebrate, that ¥70,000 figure is almost certainly the list price; actual store prices in Japan will be at least 10% less. 

dopaminer get ready for me u know what i want :0

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #434 of 16,326
  A few reactions: 

Yes... store price would be even less....
I think this DP-X1 will sell for $550... and maybe for $500 six months later.
When this happens, no one will ever buy AK devices which have worse battery life, UI, design, and perhaps SQ. 

I don't believe Onkyo will come up with worse sound quality than AK devices... this doesn't make any sense.
Their Teac collaboration P90SD and HA-300 already sound very good. Teac calls them reference devices.
I don't think Onkyo has targeted something worse than P90SD, HA-300, and HA-200. Check them out. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #435 of 16,326
imagine if we can root it and install viper4android as well oh man, so many endless things we can do with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back