1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243
245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254
Next

Last
  1. viper2377
    Any recommendations on a usb otg to chord mojo, like to have options..
    Would this work?

https://www.ttvjaudio.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=AAT0000200

2. PoRidge

If the source did not lie, (I cannot think of why he would lie), the broken balance jack was a result of frequent plug and unplug for testing different iems. So this could be a QC issue or a design issue. Some DAP have their jack specially designed. The dx90 jack is rated to withstand more than 50,000 plug and unplug, if i remember correctly.

3. Whitigir

Wwwwooooaaaa man! That means the jack is glued onto the chassis as pictured, and even the jack itself with the internal terminals may not be as reliable as we think it is ? You can glue it to the chassis better, but can you stiffen up the internal terminals inside the jack itself ? Lol wow...

4. gearofwar
    AK380 is noticeably better than Mojo itself therefore, it's not a fair fight even though DP-X1 gets very close to Mojo

5. mrhizzo

Do you have both? ZX2 and the Onkyo? Any audible difference using Tidal or some streaming service?

6. Zenifyx

DAC is actually a pretty general overarching term, and is short form for 'digital-to-analog converter'.
    Basically the term is not restricted to DAC chips (which are the most common) but also to any circuit designed to perform such functions.

7. PoRidge

He sold it already, so I cannot ask him to test the internal stuff. sorry.

8. McCol

You may think that but there are people out there both here and outside of headfi who say the mojo is a match/better than the AK380.

9. Whitigir
    I fail to see how Mojo is better than AK380, seriously...no balanced out at all. May be better output power, but not sonically quality

10. gearofwar
    I don't know what to say, i bet those people just base it on measurement. If you have owned many DAPs and high-end equipment like Rudi - a headfier, he will gladly tell you the same thing since he owns whole line of AK and all other high-end equipment. AK380 is the king of DAP 

11. Whitigir

By discussing technical term and function, yeah, you are correct. I didn't phrased it professionally as I should lol....(chip).....but I tried to explain the differences

12. gearofwar
    yes, I have been using Mojo and Onkyo side by side. If was not for that balanced output, Onkyo wouldn't even stand close to Mojo

13. Whitigir

Yes, and the same thing as I did, if not for TRRS on zx2, Mojo was pulling ways ahead of it game. I really doubt Mojo can beat ak380. Chord engineers can say whatever they want to, I respect them in a way, but I believe and trust my ears and music more. Whatever sounds better to me, then it is better. No need to keep debating technologies down into each atom doing what. If mojo had balanced out :D

14. gearofwar
    Still Mojo sounds fuller, more dynamic and details not even mention power output. Onkyo is unique in its own way and still awesome

15. Whitigir
    I have a full review of Mojo vs Zx2 here. Each people hear it differently. Even now, Zx2 still keep on impressing me

http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo/reviews/14960

People had been mistaken that Sony stock player is the God and endgame because it was made by Sony....it is not. Sony ZX2 was made so friendly to 3rd party apps for this very reason. The preferences and the differences by using different playback apps

The one thing that DP-X1 is heavily lacking off, the friendliness toward 3rd party app

First

Back
234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243
245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254
Next

Last