1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004
1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015
Next

Last
  1. DecentLevi
    ^ will reply later by PM, to keep this more on-topic and avoid these pointless unsubstantiated 'small apple to large orange' comparisons

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. cj3209
    We have passionate audiophiles here. I like that.
    .:)

CJ

3. maddib
    Please, don't feel offended. But there's absolutely no need for such expensive cables. Such product descriptions are known to be voodoo. Such cables do NOT deliver better sound quality. They only want you to pay such high prices in order to feel that you have something of high value, that's all.
    We don't want to start another discussion of how digital signals are transported through such cables .
    May be they have better plugs (machanical fit). But such products are mainly for a good feeling, not for a better listening .

4. Surf Monkey
    You have a good general point, but in this case a good USB-OTG cable is necessary. I went through three until I found one that actually works. In this specific instance I’d stick with a cable that’s known to work.

5. maddib
    If you got cables that simply don't work, choose a well reviewed one. Believe me, 6 USD is enough for a working cable of good quality .
    BTW, you may notice that the DAP charges many devices connected via USB, e.g. headphones with integrated DAC such as AKG N90Q. This function cannot be turned off in the DAP. But you may block the USB power pin with a small piece of paper. Worked for me .

6. addyg
    From what I see, the PC usb dac function only few people will need.

1. Connecting & reconnecting cables is troublesome. This DAP has cpu and Wi-Fi and good tidal performance. It is by itself a small PC.

2. Using a battery power dac will require recharge and limits its amplifier power.

7. howdy
    I will throw my 2 cents in and say this has been one of the best all around DAPs I've had. Ive used it as a source for Hugo1 and Hugo2, mojo, Oppo Ha2se and Ifi DSD Micro and has worked flawlessly via mUSB. Such a great player with great sound, I think the syngery is better with BAs in my opinion.

mrmoto050 likes this.
  8. Evilcartman
    When you say worked flawlessly, which apps were you you using? The stock apps I assume will work OTG, but any 3rd party apps?

What is "BAs"?

9. cj3209
    Balanced armatures...commonly used in many IEMs.

10. howdy
    Stock and UAPP only.
    As for BAs, what CJ said.

11. robotncc
    My DP-X1A was unable to turn on right now and nothing show on screen when connect charger. I tried to turn on this evening but I saw empty battery message on screen and I plugged to wall charger and wait for 5 minute, after that I press and hold power button but nothing happen. I tried hold combine key: power + next, power + pre but nothing happen. The device look like not charging :frowning2:

12. DecentLevi
    @robotncc not a guarantee, but I'd try different charging cables, or even buy a new generic one to see if that helps.

robotncc likes this.
  13. mrmoto050
    It may just be it is too drained to turn on. Leave it on charger for a good 1/2 hour or so to see if it takes a charge, 5 min won't cut it. If it doesn't I would check with different cable/charger.

robotncc likes this.
  14. addyg
    Agreed.

15. addyg
    Try a low power charger 0.5-0.7V

robotncc likes this.
First

Back
995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004
1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015
Next

Last