1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Onkyo DP-X1 (Black, 32GB, Japan Model)

Trader History (0)
  1. kertong
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    EDIT: SOLD

I bought this new from Akiba Yodobashi in Japan a couple years ago; I'm not really using it anymore so I'm letting it go for what I believe is a good low price.

Original box and all accessories included, and unit is in 8/10 condition.

The two reasons it isn't a 10/10:

- If you read up on the head-fi thread for this device, you'll note a lot of users complaining that the jacks are loose and seem prone to break and cut out as they wiggle around in the body. You'll see in the photos that I've added some cold-weld epoxy around the space in between the jack and body. While it doesn't look the prettiest, it works exactly as inteded; 2 years later, the jacks still work perfectly and do not move around whatsoever in the unit. I just verified 3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced jacks too; played music, inserted IEM plugs and wiggled them around. No movement, and no cutoff in sound. I've had this done since the unit was new, so the jacks should be in new condition with no stress applied to the PCB connection points whatsoever in its lifetime. For some this may be a minus as the unit is no longer "pristine/new" looking, but for some this will be a plus for the peace of mind and extension of reliability/life/use. Still, I've factored this into a lowered price on the unit.

- There are a few minor scuffs / wear marks around the unit which I've noted in the photos.

As such, I've listed this item at a price much lower than what I see everywhere else on ebay; I believe the price is quite fair as the unit still sounds great, the battery has very few cycles on it, and it is functioning perfectly.

This unit is ready to enjoy for a nice long time. Please note that this unit has 32GB internal memory as well as *TWO* microSD slots, so with two 400GB microSD's, the unit can store ~830GB of music, on top of streaming it from wifi via Spotify or TIDAL as it runs android. The interface is much quicker, responsive and fluid compared to my Sony ZX2 which lags like crazy.

Will ship from Northern California to US only (sorry, the thread somehow got clicked to North America, but I meant to click United States). I'll cover shipping. Price is firm, no trades.

Album to photos: https://imgur.com/a/cflgwje

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  2. kertong
    SOLD! Thanks all!