Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Oct 21, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,486 of 1,608
Sorry I didnt know about your issue? Its regarding the battery right?

Hi Miguel,

Correct - about the battery - the unit completely died on me. I ordered the battery that was suggested on this thread - just waiting till it comes in, and I will take it to a skilled soldering professional.

I hope that will do the trick - but meanwhile I have moved on to the FiiO as I said, and don't think I will have much use for the XDP-30r!!

Jan 9, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #1,491 of 1,608
May 18, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #1,492 of 1,608
I’ve had this for a few years now and went and bought another xdp-30r on amazon.jp It was sold as ”used” but on arrival it looked mint (open box) It cost 12.000 JPY (110€) incl. an original Pioneer flip-case. Delivery and local taxes on top, but still below 150€, cheaper than the Sony A55 would have been and this is better.

Kudos to amazon.jp - took but 3 days from Japan to Europe with normal (non express) delivery

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #1,493 of 1,608
I found an used DP-S1 , Japanese owner, recently at USD 100 , is it worth for the price ? My worry is the battery replacement.... any thoughts?

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #1,495 of 1,608
$100 is an xcellent price - cannot comment on the battery. Ask the seller, what he says.
He said, the unit is working when turn on, he didn't reply me about battery condition, but I have prepared for the worse case for replacement around USD 30 .

Thanks for your feedback.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #1,496 of 1,608
That sounds like a good deal to me. My advice though is only try to change the battery if you are confident around electronics. I will do mine as and when it becomes necessary, but so far no issues. If the unit has not been heavily used and provided that the battery has been kept moderately charged then it should be good. The thing that kills lithium batteries is leaving them in a discharged condition for a long time. The other thing would be lots of full charge and deep discharge cycles, but that is probably more of a problem with mobile phones than with digital audio players.

Dec 1, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #1,497 of 1,608
That sounds like a good deal to me. My advice though is only try to change the battery if you are confident around electronics. I will do mine as and when it becomes necessary, but so far no issues. If the unit has not been heavily used and provided that the battery has been kept moderately charged then it should be good. The thing that kills lithium batteries is leaving them in a discharged condition for a long time. The other thing would be lots of full charge and deep discharge cycles, but that is probably more of a problem with mobile phones than with digital audio players.
Thanks for your good advise. Hopefully the battery is well taken care.

Jan 6, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,498 of 1,608
Quick question all... I can not update the firmware on my device no matter what I try. I tried over the air and from the SD card and it will not show anything. I am wondering if there is a trick or bug fix for this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back