Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Aug 11, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #406 of 1,608
Gavin C4, looks great, what is the material.

Bart R, would that be plastic or silicone like? There isn't much for sale for this model yet, I was thinking of fabricating something myself, or adapt some alibaba case with "nearby" measurements.

I was thinking using SLS. Maybe have it dyed black or red (it's white originally).
Maybe incorporating some sort of belt fixing sort of thing.

Too busy with day work to work in a private project though

Aug 11, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #407 of 1,608
The overlay is part of the temporary retailfull screen protector. Just peel off from one of the 4 corners of the glass.

OMG, I just slap on the screen protector included in the box on top of that overlay...

Aug 12, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #408 of 1,608
Does anyone have problems with the 2.5mm balanced jack? I ordered a balanced 2.5mm cable for my IEM. I saw some posts about the DP-X1 balanced jack are broken easily or malfunction. Hope Onyko fixed that on the DP-S1

Aug 12, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #409 of 1,608
No loose jacks in my DP-S1.

BTW, I lol irl when I read you put the included screen protector on the temp one. Sometimes everyone has a "blonde" moment. Reminds me of the time when my ex wanted to staple an extra thick stack of papers together and she opened up the hinge because the clearance was too small. So she pushes this stapler into the stack of papers against her palm and staples the whole stack to her hand.

Aug 12, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #410 of 1,608
I thought those words are laser printed on the screen or whatever. lol. I guess I will just leave the screen protector alone as it is now :face_palm: with the temp overlay "twin dac | 16GB | 2 Slots |" and a little bit of bubble under it. It doesn't look bad either. My DP-S1 case would cover it up anyway...
9d53ee77-7a10-4a40-a489-142c1342706c.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #411 of 1,608
Ordered Rubato today. After having DP-X1A and XDP-300R hope this will be a good choice.
I can accept narrower soundstage and less bass quantity in comparison with the X1A I think since the DP-X1A was not my main source anyway and a smaller DAP is definitely better on the go.

Aug 12, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #414 of 1,608
It actually only seems to be happening for some albums, regardless of the name of the cover art. The files that don't load are larger (both in file size and dimensions). It seems like there must be either a maximum resolution or cover art file size. Has this been reported anywhere?

Aug 12, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #415 of 1,608
For some tracks, even I tagged the album work directly onto the file, the art work will not show up in DP-S1. There maybe a limit or whatever.

Aug 12, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #416 of 1,608
It actually only seems to be happening for some albums, regardless of the name of the cover art. The files that don't load are larger (both in file size and dimensions). It seems like there must be either a maximum resolution or cover art file size. Has this been reported anywhere?

It happens with the XDP-30R too. I re-done some of them to be 800x800 pixels max and they load properly after that.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #417 of 1,608
Thanks for the insight. Is there a way to report bugs/feature enhancements? I don't want to resize the album artwork. It would be nice if the library sync process also processed/resized artwork to fit appropriately.

Aug 17, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #419 of 1,608
I suppose this player does not work with "in-line" remote control on headphones ?

No, none of the dedicated DAP nowadays takes inline remotes as that would quite seriously downgrade the sound.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #420 of 1,608
No, none of the dedicated DAP nowadays takes inline remotes as that would quite seriously downgrade the sound.
Thanks, I would think if done well theres no reason it should degrade the sound ? not atleast untill you press the inline remote button its sending digital signals down the cable, but of corse its possible it could.
Ive noticed most of FIIO players do support Inline-Remote and the Fio x7 MKII is a player thats starting to look like it competes with some of the better players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back