* Native playback of DSD up to 5.6MHz
* 75mW + 75mW @ 32ohm unbalanced
* 150mW + 150mW @ 32ohm balanced
* Dual clocks (44.1kHz/48KHz)
* Dual microsd slot
* 16GB onboard memory
* WiFi and Bluetooth
* 10 band equalizer
* Custom OS based on Linux kernel (NOT skinned Android) - but will support some Japanese streaming services
* ACG balanced mode (same as DP-X1)
* 15 hours playback time (96kHz FLAC on unbalanced output)

They will also release an Android/iOS remote control app which will let you control playback of the DAP via Bluetooth connection to your smartphone

The spec for the Rubato looks really good for the size and price, looks like a much better choice than the AK70 for a nicely made entry-level audiophile compact DAP.

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 1,608
No Tidal support, correct?

It looks like a perfect digital transport for my Vantam.
Currently I use the 300R for this purpose but would love to go to a more compact DAP but having Tidal is critical.
Will think it over.

I does support otg data transfer to an external DAC like the 300R, correct?

Mar 9, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 1,608
  No Tidal support, correct?

It looks like a perfect digital transport for my Vantam.
Currently I use the 300R for this purpose but would love to go to a more compact DAP but having Tidal is critical.
Will think it over.

I does support otg data transfer to an external DAC like the 300R, correct?

No mention of exactly what streaming support or OTG at the moment I'm afraid.  Though they did mention that both unbalanced and balanced output supports true line out mode, so I'm thinking they are confident enough about the DAC features/capability of the DAP that they think you'll only ever need an external amp, rather than bypassing everything altogether.

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #5 of 1,608

No mention of exactly what streaming support or OTG at the moment I'm afraid.  Though they did mention that both unbalanced and balanced output supports true line out mode, so I'm thinking they are confident enough about the DAC features/capability of the DAP that they think you'll only ever need an external amp, rather than bypassing everything altogether.

Thanks. Need to wait for the manual to clarify I guess.
The 300R allows to bypass everything, hope they will keep this ability for his little brother))

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 1,608
Wow, a very small and compact DAP with 2 microSD card slots, dual DAC's, a touchscreen and non-Android, pretty much just what I'm looking for.

It looks like the specs are almost exactly the same. What's the difference between the Pioneer and the Onkyo? and will you be able to choose English as the language for the menus?

Mar 11, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #13 of 1,608
It seems like Aune M1s (ES9018K2M) may sound better by reading specifications e.g. THD+N and SNR. But Rubato and Private design are definitely better.

Mar 11, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #14 of 1,608
A non-Android version piques my interest. I too would like to know what the specific differences are between the Onkyo & Pioneer.

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #15 of 1,608
A non-Android version piques my interest. I too would like to know what the specific differences are between the Onkyo & Pioneer.

The differences are appearance design, provided App inside and sound signature.
I read on http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=80811. There is short review below. 

private』は元気でメリハリの強い音
   Private : lively energetic sound and V-shape sound signature.

rubat0』は隅々までクリアに余裕のある音という印象。
  Rubato : Clear sound on whole frequency spectrum and there is a good headroom.

Translated by myself not Google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back