Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Oct 4, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #1,366 of 1,608
It sounds like the ones that you heard were either faulty or possibly even not genuine? I find the sound very well balanced, and certainly not thick in any sense. But what convinced me above all else was the amazing sound-stage. With the supplied cable it is pretty good. With the balanced cable from the balanced output on the Onkyo the sound-stage is stunning. They don't go especially high in frequency according to the specs, but I am 60, so my ears have rolled off a bit over the years. Isolation is pretty good with the standard silicone tips supplied, but I have put a set of Comply tips on and it's even better. I had not had much experience with IEMs before getting these, so I auditioned a few when I was looking (can't remember them all), and I was a little worried about mechanical sound from the cable, but it's really a non-issue for me. They are also, for my ears at least, very comfortable. They come with a nice firm case which protects them well and has space for both cables so that I can use them on other devices if I need. Oh, and I like the colour too.
Wow, 60? Respect sir :D As i said, i might have been wrong on them, it was just a 5-min-impression, and it has been 5 years since i tried them, the memory about them is blurry now :D

Oct 4, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #1,367 of 1,608
The filters suggestion was just a suggestion. They are very subtle indeed. I find it more noticeable on AK4xxx DACs than the Sabre series. The impressions you gave kind of remind me more of what I'd hear in a AKM DAC than a Sabre ESS DAC from the ones I've heard. AK "velvet" sound seems to be warmer to me than ES9018 which, to me, is very analytical. Granted, that is also dependent on amp implementation too.

I really like the DP-S1 and I have had a hard time justifying getting anything else. I've tried many of the ones up to it's price and I found it to be the one I stuck with for sound and usability. I am still keen on getting an android DAP at some point but I haven't impulsively bought one yet (surprisingly).
Huh, interesting. I prefer an analytical sound like i've heard on DP-X1, but my budget limited me from purchasing it. So i chose this one. Also DP-S1 is small and extremely portable with decent battery life and non-faulty 2.5/3.5 connectors like DP-X1. May i ask ithis? I see that you have the Fiio Q1 MKII, does this thing sound good and how does it sounds (warm, laid back or analytical)? People keep suggesting me getting this one for my PC DAC.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #1,368 of 1,608
Huh, interesting. I prefer an analytical sound like i've heard on DP-X1, but my budget limited me from purchasing it. So i chose this one. Also DP-S1 is small and extremely portable with decent battery life and non-faulty 2.5/3.5 connectors like DP-X1. May i ask ithis? I see that you have the Fiio Q1 MKII, does this thing sound good and how does it sounds (warm, laid back or analytical)? People keep suggesting me getting this one for my PC DAC.

I think the Q1 Mk2 is quite good if you use balance connection. I was actually using it as a PC DAC/AMP when I sold off my previous amp/dac set and was waiting to get a new desktop setup and didn't miss a beat. I find it very slightly warm. It's been a long time since I actually have used it because Amir from AudioScienceReview has my unit still. I'm not sure when he's done with it -- he posted a review of it on his site a month or so ago with full measurements.

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #1,369 of 1,608
Wow, 60? Respect sir :D As i said, i might have been wrong on them, it was just a 5-min-impression, and it has been 5 years since i tried them, the memory about them is blurry now :D
Thanks. Amused by your reaction to my age. The way I look at it - I started being an electronics geek in the mid 1970s - still am. It helps keep me young. :smile_phones:.

Oct 11, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #1,370 of 1,608
I wonder if anyone here has ever used or tried the CMX1 Granbeat before. From what i see, DP-S1 and CMX1 share the same specs with Dual DAC 9018C2M and Dual AMP 9601K. But specs dont mean they sound the same. I really need someone to clarify this for me :3

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #1,371 of 1,608
hello

after an update of my pioneer xdp-30 Japanese version ( 1.30/18627AEP) by wifi my sd1 card is no longer recognized (no music available) !
the library sync is running continuously and still no sd1 card in sight.

I've tried a lot of things:
I tested my sd card on another player it works.
I tried to reset X10 it didn't solve the library synchronization problem.
download an older and last firmware on my sd card but as the sd card is not visible on the XDP-30 impossible to install it .
I couldn't get into the internal (root) files of the pioneer like on an android or something else.
XDP-30 connected in usb I only see the internal memory a file (xdaplink and if I click on it there is playlist-backup) they are empty ! I don't see any other file .

There must be a procedure for a system restore as for android systems but I don't know it to pioneer ( linux?) !

if anyone knows of any other way to reinstall firmware?
thank you

Nov 10, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,372 of 1,608
Has anyone had issue connecting to their vehicle via Bluetooth? My new car only has USB auxially ports to connect to the infotainment system so was going to connect via Bluetooth. The car kept saying it couldn’t find it. Curious if anyone else has had issues?

Nov 10, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #1,373 of 1,608
Has anyone had issue connecting to their vehicle via Bluetooth? My new car only has USB auxially ports to connect to the infotainment system so was going to connect via Bluetooth. The car kept saying it couldn’t find it. Curious if anyone else has had issues?

Yes. My Audi couldn't find it either. I just gave up... :frowning2:

Nov 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #1,374 of 1,608
hello

after an update of my pioneer xdp-30 Japanese version ( 1.30/18627AEP) by wifi my sd1 card is no longer recognized (no music available) !
the library sync is running continuously and still no sd1 card in sight.

I faced a similar problem. Having tried out several possible solutions, the solution that finally worked was to reformat the card in ANOTHER player (a SONY in my case)and insert back to the Pioneer. No issues after that.

Nov 27, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #1,378 of 1,608
i havent read the entire thread yet but is it not possible to play dsd audio threw bluetooth to a speaker. I just got a UE Megaboom and paired it but as soon as I try to play any of my dsd audio files it says cannot play. I unpair the speaker and they play fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back