OnePlus One
Feb 22, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #124 of 203
can you describe what the maxxaudio problem is? I can test it for you if you'd like. 

I've read that it stops working very often and requires a reboot for it to work again. Some have said it only happens when switching between music players. That isn't what's keeping me from updating though. Its the reduced battery life.

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #125 of 203
I find the treble unbearable on those.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #127 of 203
So update: I fixed my root; which also fixed Viper4Android mod (which is awesome btw).  Sounds surprisingly great with my se846s. I then went to install the new OTA; and it failed; but with reinstalled CWM i can see the console...

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/etc/audio_effects.conf".....

This looks like a side affect from V4A I think; i'd have to do a factory reset it appears. Doh. I'll probably leave as is for now, and do a manual flash to the next major release whenever it hits; hopefully more stable.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #128 of 203
  So update: I fixed my root; which also fixed Viper4Android mod (which is awesome btw).  Sounds surprisingly great with my se846s. I then went to install the new OTA; and it failed; but with reinstalled CWM i can see the console...

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/etc/audio_effects.conf".....

This looks like a side affect from V4A I think; i'd have to do a factory reset it appears. Doh. I'll probably leave as is for now, and do a manual flash to the next major release whenever it hits; hopefully more stable.

Hmm... I have V4A and was able to update to 05Q, initially it failed (probably a side effect of having rooted the OPO). I found this thread and followed the "instructions" and was able to update: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/fix-assert-failed-errors-when-flashing-cm-11s-05q-in-twrp.265865/

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #130 of 203
  Why use Viper4Android? Use Maxxaudio on CM12.

V4A may or may not allow the OPO to output in 24/192 like it can stock. Maxxaudio sounds much better as well.

Does MaxxAudio improve or hurt sound quality on CM12? I've read both now I think.  Much confusion.  I'll find out first hand eventually.. :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #131 of 203
Anyone even bother to use a portable USB/DAC?

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #132 of 203
  Anyone even bother to use a portable USB/DAC?

I am wondering the same thing as I try to use my oneplus as a transport for my hugo.

Currently its a big fail for me, but still researching.

I thought Lollipop was supposed to support dacs out of the box... but running on cm12 my hugo is not recognised.

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #133 of 203

I am wondering the same thing as I try to use my oneplus as a transport for my hugo.

Currently its a big fail for me, but still researching.

I thought Lollipop was supposed to support dacs out of the box... but running on cm12 my hugo is not recognised.

What cable are you using to connect?  My OPO picks up my C5D as expected.

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #134 of 203

What cable are you using to connect?  My OPO picks up my C5D as expected.

The usb cable that came with the hugo and a startech otg cable.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #135 of 203
I just stayed stock running XNPH05Q update. I have an iBasso D-Zero I bought a few years back. Pretty much plug-n-play in my case, but It gives me sibilant whenever a song ends. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back