One of the best day of my life
Feb 26, 2007 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

larryminator

1000+ Head-Fier
Ok I need to share this with you.

I own some Grado SR325i and was really happy but wanted to try the RS-1 or GS-1000.

So I was on the internet saturday night and found some Grado RS-1 in a Pawn Shop here in Montreal (RS-1 are really here in Canada on the used market). They were for sale at 600$CAN (which is a really good price, about 500$US)

I get there and notify the cans have some scratch so I tell the guy 400$CAN (about 350$US) I take them. He accepted! So i got RS-1 with box, bill, extension and adaptor for 400$! They sound really great.

Speaking of RS-1, there are some scratches on the would but otehrwise, how can I tell if they're in good shape? They really sound good.

Also, since about 3 weeks, I was searching for a turntable and today I received an offer: a Thorens TD 166 MKII for 100$CAN. You guessed, I jump on it! -100$ in my wallet
biggrin.gif

The same guy was selling some Stax SR-84 in really good shape for 60$CAN but I'm not sure if I should take them or not... Your advice? I want to try Stax but don't want to spend money on average headphone.

Feb 26, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 13
go listen to them first, and then see if you wanna buy them! (if it's possible)

great deal on the rs-1's i guess... enjoy them! i'm also interested in the grado sound, but $600 in credit card bills is hovering over me at the moment, and i'm just a poor college student O_O

Feb 26, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #5 of 13
wow, kudos to your luck... now how about shipping those SR325is to someone who'll give them more attention... I Pm'd you my address, k thnx, bye!

seriously though, awesome find, I'm quite jealous... and yes, pics would be great!

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 13
Wow, congrats on scoring those excellent headphones for such a price! You should go for the Stax, $60CAN is a very small price to pay for potentially great sound!

Feb 26, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The same guy was selling some Stax SR-84 in really good shape for 60$CAN but I'm not sure if I should take them or not... Your advice? I want to try Stax but don't want to spend money on average headphone.

Assuming full-working condition, yeah, it's fine. They should offer a reasonable contrast to the RS-1s, too.

Feb 26, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #8 of 13
congratulations on such great deals you had!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congratulations on such great deals you had!
smily_headphones1.gif

x2
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #11 of 13
Hey, Larryminator, remember me from MR with the T-Amp thread ?, man this is indeed a small world. I just recently got into good head cans and it is getting addictive between my love for chip amps and head cans. Did you sell your 325's yet ? where is this pawn shop ? or your not going to tell me ? ..LoL

Conrats on the RS1s !
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back