One DAC to Two Amps ?
Nov 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Angular Mo

100+ Head-Fier
I have a MacBook Pro > Schiit BiFrost DAC

Is it OK to connect the BiFrost via RCA cables to a 1/8" Y-cable spiltter to feed my portable iBasso Warbler P4 amp, AND my Denon UD-M31 amp which is connected to loudspeakers?

I figured this could be a better solution than to connect my headphones to the UD-M31 headphone jack, assuming the P4 is a better headphone amp.

Sure, I could just connect my iPhone to the P4 via my HRT iStreamer, but the user-interface on the Macbook Pro is more convenient.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Connecting the audio train in this manor will work just fine.

Mac--->DAC--->RCA Analog out--->Headphone amp In ( stereo ).  I see no issues with that.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Connecting the audio train in this manor will work just fine.

Mac--->DAC--->RCA Analog out--->Headphone amp In ( stereo ).  I see no issues with that.

thank you.

I have it now set up as:

MBP > Bifrost > RCA cables out > 1/8" Y-cable splitter > male-to-male 1/8" cable > P4 > DT 770
and
                                                    1/8" Y-cable splitter > male-to-RCA cable > Denon UD-M31 > loudpseakers

I have not yet done the A-B test.

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 4
I guess you may end up with mono going into the two amps, but as long as you are using an actual a cable that takes the left and right channel on the DAC and splits it into two independent stereo plugs you should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back