On a mission to like jazz
May 30, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #2,941 of 5,013
Wow! So much awesome Jazz on display.

May 31, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #2,945 of 5,013

This is a great track on the 'Bossa Nova U.S.A.' album! Paul Desmond's alto is a bit short, I could listen a lot longer to his impeccably smooth sax tone! The album cover much reflects the laid-back sound of this track! Dave Brubeck, at that time, didn't have to worry about CO2 emissions :)! I also like the 'Theme for June' track!

cover.jpg

May 31, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #2,946 of 5,013
5C08A3CE-1D75-4976-BEC8-C185F3B5C418.jpeg
Relaxed listening to two jazz greats. Look at the size difference between Paul Desmond‘s alto sax and Gerry Mulligan‘s baritone sax. I admire those baritonists, takes a lot of breath to handle such a giant of an instrument!

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #2,951 of 5,013
I in no way can add anything constructive to this conversation.

Other than I appreciate the musicians that play Jazz.

But some of us just will never enjoy it and I actually wanted to like it..... but 10 minutes in I'm out .

The closest to Jazz I like is Frank Zappa.

So unfortunately I had to add Jazz to the genre's of music I just don't get along with country and Hip Hop .

But absolutely no shade thrown on others that do enjoy it .

Jazz on my Friends

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #2,952 of 5,013
I in no way can add anything constructive to this conversation.

Other than I appreciate the musicians that play Jazz.

But some of us just will never enjoy it and I actually wanted to like it..... but 10 minutes in I'm out .

The closest to Jazz I like is Frank Zappa.

So unfortunately I had to add Jazz to the genre's of music I just don't get along with country and Hip Hop .

But absolutely no shade thrown on others that do enjoy it .

Jazz on my Friends

If you like Zappa - you may be more apt to like Fusion (cross between rock and jazz). If you go to Jazz901.org you can stream the Fusion program that goes from 7 - 9PM EST tonight. I happen to like both straight ahead Jazz and Fusion. Zappa leans towards the Fusion side of things. A classic example of Fusion is Return To Forever's Romantic Warrior.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back