OMG!!! The search is back!!!
Apr 23, 2004 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks Jude and others for all the hard work!!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 29
Well done Jude and all!! I suspect there will be a few hearty sighs of relief
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 29
first, posts disappear from threads, then the site goes down, then it reappears... and now the search is back!! thanks site admins.
biggrin.gif
I was a bit worried there at first, but it makes sense now. what to search for first... I have a number of searches I have been wanting to make. weeeee.

Apr 23, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #5 of 29
I wouldn't thank me yet. We're still not in the new rack on the new (used) hardware, and so we still have to see how the search holds up under load.

I optimized a bunch of stuff. We'll see if it helped.

I also caused some problems earlier, which is why I had to shut the forums down briefly. Anyone catch the disappearing threads/posts? Whoops. I think I fixed what I broke.

Anyway, for now, at this off-peak time, everything is looking good (knock on wood). Again, we'll see how it does under load later today.

I have a teleconference in about five hours, so I'm over-and-out for the night, all.

P.S. If the forum performance starts to get crushed under the weight of the search, we may have to turn it off until we make the move, or at least during peak times of the day (until we make the move). Hopefully it'll hold up. I'll ask Neil to take a look at things tomorrow if he has time, to see if there are any optimizations I missed.

Apr 23, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #6 of 29
Alright, it worked for me just a minute ago, with no performance hit. The board has been very sluggish lately, so hopefully this doesn't push it over the edge.

Apr 23, 2004 at 7:12 AM Post #8 of 29
Yay!

Thanks Jude, Neil et al.

Good to see it back, even if it might not be at its best until you're on your new rack.

Cheers!

Duncan

Apr 23, 2004 at 7:45 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
Anyone catch the disappearing threads/posts? Whoops. I think I fixed what I broke.

I did.
biggrin.gif
I wonder if I took a screen cap and saved it??
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess not, and now I wish I saved the file I was going to save. oh well.
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 9:00 AM Post #12 of 29
Well, I don't know how about others, however my email notification doesn't work for me. I checked all the settings, etc. the problem has to be on the server site.

Another issue: I have 400 posts, but the I can display only 250 posts. Is it on purpose (due to the hardware problems)?

Apr 23, 2004 at 11:36 AM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
Sweet, thanks for the hard work. Now if we can only get rid of all the hangs during page and site loads...

LOL. Patience is a virtue, Stoner
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #15 of 29
Suddenly my sig isn't stupid anymore.
wink.gif

Gee, that sounds like a new custome title.
Jude don't get any ideas.
I like being the King.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back