omg the ps-1's are speakers
Jun 8, 2004 at 6:40 PM Post #31 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Nope, and the longer I go with out hearing them the better off I probably am
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, based on your predilection for Senns you probably wouldn't like 'em anyways....

Jun 8, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #32 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Nice headphones, they are. Very nice, in fact. Speakers they are not!

Oh, I get the point, and do agree that there is a certain rockability to these headphones since they produce such awesome, clean bass, and do not give up any detail elsewhere. They really are magical in many ways, but their flat soundstage is typical of headphones and this is where a good speaker system will pull you into the music in a way that the PS-1's cannot. That said, oddly enough, I agree that the $1,400 price tag is actually reasonable under the circumstances. I've also found the PS-1's to be remarkably source and amp neutral. They really are nowhere as finicky as the R10's or Omega II's. This is not to say that they do not improve as the rest of the chain improves, but they sound wonderful out of a META 42 and PCDP.

You guys are killing me.

Jun 8, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #33 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Although I haven't had the experience you have with the cream of the headphone crop (you lucky so and so
biggrin.gif
), so far at least, these are the headphones that have made me miss my speakers the least.

I repeat...You guys are killing.

Jun 8, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #34 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins

There's a certain PS-1's hype nowadays...
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #35 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins

BTW Tom, I was lying about Senn lovers not liking them, I just wanted to get fewtch to try 'em!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #36 of 77
guys and gals have you ever noticed the black circle ring that holds the metal cup on the headband is actually the same metal then the cup itself, just painted black with a sharpie marker? I can see the marker strokes easily....I remember the rs-1's being a platic ring.

i think its pretty cool that grado has done it, something different but sharpie markers are cool for such a small company.

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #38 of 77
bhd, are the ps-1s comfortable? for some reason, they look very heavy to me.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #39 of 77
yeah i noticed that to, hell i probably spent a good hour just looking at them.

I am amzed of how the metal cups look and feel, so heavy and bold..the weight of the cups sort of clamp your ears tight. reminds me of the clamp on the 650's well you know different of course but for grados they are tight, then again they are still new.....but i like the feeling of it so im not going to bend the band or anything

i also noticed with the rs-1's there are two different leathers on the headband, a softer one on the bottom and a hearder one on the top. with the ps-1's you have the softer on both sides.

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #41 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
and also the wire mesh grill on the ps-1's seem to bubble out more then i would of expected, i thought it would be flat but it bubbles out.

after work tonnight ill take some pron pics

eek.gif

cant wait!
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #42 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

well for me personally they are the heaviest headphones i have seen, the 325's are to some to be heavy but these are totally different. it feels like they are almost into the punds weight..lol

but the weight seems to work well with the headband in creating a tight feel.
and the sound is well worth the weight of them.

if you walk around with them youll feel the weight easy, but if you sit and relax then it goes away...then again as soon as you plug them in and hear them then the weight seems to slide away

buy them try them, thats the best thing i can say

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #44 of 77
Quote:

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, based on your predilection for Senns you probably wouldn't like 'em anyways....

I don't see why... liking Senns doesn't mean I dislike other cans.
Quote:

BTW Tom, I was lying about Senn lovers not liking them, I just wanted to get fewtch to try 'em!
evil_smiley.gif

Never mind... LOL!
600smile.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #45 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

I want to answer this too.
They are extremely heavy. I have a headache this morning because I wore them for like four hours last night. My head is starting to adjust to the pressure though.

Take the uncomfortability of grado sr60s, and triple the weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back