omg the ps-1's are speakers
Jun 8, 2004 at 8:33 AM Post #16 of 77
i am defenitely serious my friend.

are you talking about the same NAD C542 as me ?
the one im talking about is the one that can play HDCD ?

this is from the shop here in australia, below is the website and price, and mind you, the website price is already considered expensive, you can get it even cheaper in other shop and if you buy combo (eg., cdp + amp).

http://www.lenwallisaudio.com/produc...ls.php?pid=584
(price in AUS dollar).

the best deal i could get from other shop (but i cancelled it because i dont have money), was the combo of NAD C521BEE + NAD 320BEE for AUS$800 (which is around 570 US$)

i dont mean to be an ass saying you bought it for such a high price, but im telling you this as a fellow headfi member so that you won't get ripped off from that shop again thus saves you from losing more money in the future.

but maybe thats the normal price in US, dont know...

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:50 AM Post #17 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
i am defenitely serious my friend.

are you talking about the same NAD C542 as me ?
the one im talking about is the one that can play HDCD ?

this is from the shop here in australia, below is the website and price, and mind you, the website price is already considered expensive, you can get it even cheaper in other shop and if you buy combo (eg., cdp + amp).

http://www.lenwallisaudio.com/produc...ls.php?pid=584
(price in AUS dollar).

the best deal i could get from other shop (but i cancelled it because i dont have money), was the combo of NAD C521BEE + NAD 320BEE for AUS$800 (which is around 570 US$)

i dont mean to be an ass saying you bought it for such a high price, but im telling you this as a fellow headfi member so that you won't get ripped off from that shop again thus saves you from losing more money in the future.

but maybe thats the normal price in US, dont know...

DJMO,

He is referring to the PS-1 headphones costing $1400. not the NAd.

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:58 AM Post #18 of 77
oh, i must have read it the wrong way round... my bad... hehe...
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 12:40 PM Post #22 of 77
congrats on your new cans. I wish I had a pair to listen to right now.
frown.gif
they are very nice headphones indeed.

Jun 8, 2004 at 5:37 PM Post #25 of 77
I may be in the minority around here, but I can't envision spending $1400 for a pair of headphones
eek.gif

[size=xx-small]OK, so I'm poor and that doesn't help any
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Jun 8, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #27 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
I may be in the minority around here, but I can't envision spending $1400 for a pair of headphones.
eek.gif

thats what I said till i told myself if they sound that good then why not, im not feeling to bad on spending it after i got them niether. they atleast to me are something I was looking for...but i didnt expect them to be so good.

hey todd has the 30day return and i used that on the rs-1's...and im so glad i did. todd is a great guy to deal with...but many of you already knew that.
i would try them out if i were you after knowing what they are first hand

Jun 8, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #29 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
You haven't heard the R10, have you?
evil_smiley.gif

Nope, and the longer I go with out hearing them the better off I probably am
biggrin.gif
Quote:

As great as the R10 and OmegaII have sounded to me, I'd be just fine with the CD3000 and a K1000 or SR404.

There's a sentiment I can relate to... it's a matter of picking the right spot on the "diminishing returns" curve. Some people feel it's at the end, and if they can afford it then more power to 'em...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back