OMG I'm no longer 100% at Ebay
Apr 27, 2006 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

StevieDvd

Headphoneus Supremus
My first irksome experience with an Ebay seller.

I had a new Ipod video coming so looked for a protective case and saw that one called Agent 18 had good reviews and was not bad looking. I checked a few UK sites but most were selling the silicon cases and as usual the prices here are pretty high for what the cases are.

Popped into Ebay and searched for Agent 18 and found this:

ebay item

what was sent was a plastic case, made in china and with no manufacturers name.

I emailed the seller saying I could not give positive feedback as the case was not an Agent 18 but a cheap copy and that I owuld not give neagtive until after 3 days or after he contacted me.

His quick response was to say I had received what was in the picture and not to threaten negative feedback unless I was prepared to get it back in return. I'm not afraid of that as I was right - I think this is the way bad Ebayers try to avoid negative feedback by using it as a weapon on the buyer.

Don't get me wrong I know the price I paid was low and I did get a case of sorts. If he had just apologised and said the title was wrong that would have been fine but such a bad attitude got home my negative feedback typed in toute suite.

He implied I was trying to scam him on his feedback to me! I checked further down and I'm not the first to have the same complaint so I've contacted Ebay (not that I expect anything to happen) has some bad attitude in his responses to others too.

I'll check feedback a bit more next time and hope this does not ruin the rest of my life, after all I'm no longer 100% at Ebay how does anyone live with such a stigma!!!

It may take years but I will get over it- I may have to buy some headphones or something to cheer me up.

Steve

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 44
Why did you have to deal with a 96% feedback seller??? 4% of almost 3000 feedbacks means he had around (or at least) 120 customers insatisfied... a lot.

Cheer up for the negative feedback. I am not sure but I think you can leave a second comment to his comment to your evaluation. I don't know how, but I have seen this (therefore it exists
biggrin.gif
).

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
Why did you have to deal with a 96% feedback seller??? 4% of almost 3000 feedbacks means he had around (or at least) 120 customers insatisfied... a lot.

Cheer up for the negative feedback. I am not sure but I think you can leave a second comment to his comment to your evaluation. I don't know how, but I have seen this (therefore it exists
biggrin.gif
).

For low value items I make allowances and don't expect 100% feedback, there will always be some who complain even about perfect service.

I did add the follow up feedback, and don't worry I'm not upset, gloomy or really in need of cheering up
biggrin.gif

Steve

Apr 27, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 44
Hmm, that sucks. The pictures aren't of an Agent 18 though... looks like he was using a popular brand name to sell a no-name product. Pretty sleazy.

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 44
Who cares? I mean about not 100% feedback.

Or was this sarcastic? I personally don't find feedback all that important...

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 44
Not sarcastic, ironic maybe.

My main point was really that negative feedback is probably used less because of fear of retaliation feedback - even where someone has a genuine reason to give negative.

I wonder how many of those who also gave negative on the Agent 18 cases also bothered to complain to Ebay.

The seller is just using brand names to sell cheap copies and as said above is obviously just a non-caring sleaze merchant. If my complaint is one of a long list Ebay have had for him then maybe it will inconvenience him if he get's told off or banned. But I won't hold my breath as I don't think Ebay will do anything in reality.

Steve

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 44
Don't worry so much about it. I've received one retaliatory negative feedback after the seller tried to scam me with a broken Rio Karma. If you word your feedback carefully, others will be able to tell who is telling the truth and who is not. That said, I think you should try contacting Agent 18. I'm sure they'd be really interested to hear that someone is trying to pawn off a cheap case as their own.

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #10 of 44
I'm sorry to hear about your bad Ebay experience. I personally havn't used Ebay yet however I would look at the negative feedback comments before I dismissed you... I mean it's pretty obvious to me from the past (and numerous) feedback responses you have received that you arn't out to scam people.

In hindsight there are a few things that make it seem like a bit of a scam...:
-Ipod VIDEO PROTECTIVE CASE
-High Quality NON-OEM
-The picture is not of the actual item

Unfortunately that thread title is extremely misleading and there should be rules against that. I've seen that a few times. Example: sellers putting E4, E5 etc. in the title for Ety IEMs or similar (can't remember the exact situation but you get the idea).

I'm glat you at least got the item but the feedback issue is certainly a serious problem with Ebay, i've seen a few people complain about it. It's pretty ridiculous when you as a customer arn't satisfied with the product and the seller automatically posts a nasty comment into your feedback... I mean how do does he figure you are trying to "scam him"?... I'm sure if it were a more expensive item you would have been willing to ship it back to him but obiously at this pricepoint the cost to ship back would be prohibititve and that's why so many of these knock off artists are getting away with it on Ebay. Thankfully your not out a lot of money anyhow.

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #11 of 44
I wouldn't worry too much about the negative feedback. 100% is very nice, but anything above 98% is good IMO (and once it's 2-3 pages back most people won't even bother to check it). It's almost inevitable that this will happen eventually on eBay, unless you are a saint of some kind.

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 44
No feedback for me, I don't leave feedback for them.

Any seller with a history of retaliatory negative feedback, I typically avoid.

But then there is the flipside of the coin, where I had a buyer flip out over the shipping costs, when I wouldn't ship uninsured in a envelope with a 39 cent stamp on it. Even though I clearly stated in my auction that I would ship only via FedEx.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #13 of 44
It's quite entertaing for me really. I have a case of sorts, the money was peanuts - it was the principle of the thing and I wanted to see what sort of response I would get.

He has emailed me thanking me for the initial feedback and hopes I like mine, even said 'thanks come again' which I think may possibly be his attempt at sarcasm.

Of course this gave me the chance to send a nicely worded, polite, gentlemanly response - ending in a polite decline to take up further custom with him.

The very thought of his annoyance is quite rewarding in itself.
biggrin.gif

Now would Agent 18 like to know as well, let's see.

Steve

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 44
if you felt like persuing it, I would expect that forwarding a link or copy of his auctions to the people at the real 'Agent 18' might be effective as most brand names are registered.

Apr 27, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #15 of 44
wow sorry to hear that steve,
if you paid with CC, you couldve reported to the CC as item not as advertised for a refund.

but since the auction dealt with such a small amount of money, what I wouldve done was cut my losses and and not left any feedback. Chalk it off as a lesson learned.

if it helps, you can always work things out with the seller and call for a mutual feedback withdrawal. The feedback still stays but it doesnt effect your score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back