OMG, EARGASM!
Mar 14, 2006 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
So I finally got the cable in my sig/equipment list today, following a long sequence of other upgrades that came before it. I'd been waiting EONS for this moment. Every link in the chain was in place! From the headphones, to the source, to the speakers (actually I had the speakers long before coming to Head-Fi, heh), to the amp, to finally the CABLE.

Cut to two hours later. It's the first time I've EVER heard my speakers from a line-level output! The first REAL cable I've heard! The first time I've REALLY heard my speakers' amp actually do its job instead of amplifying an already-amplified headphone out! There's a world of difference between the line-level out and the headphone out! I can actually hear guitar crunches now! Guitar harmonics! Bass goes even deeper now too! And sounds that make me go "WHAT WAS THAT?!" The level of detail blows me away, I had no idea all this sound is on the CD! Acoustic instruments actually sound REAL, I swear they're right there in front of me! And the soundstage has blown wide open too, I can actually hear even more layers, and more virtualized space between the instruments/players!

It's pure sweet audio bliss, is what it is. I can't believe I've spent over $1200 to get to this point. But from what I'm hearing, it's all worth it. The sound is PHENOMENAL. Loads of detail that are silky smooth! And when I plug in the K271S, the audio bliss continues, even from my speakers' headphone jack! I can't wait to run my SuperMini-3 with this now! (Left it at work.) It makes me want to listen to every CD I own all over again!

I have to thank Head-Fi at this point. The site rocks, and so do all of you fine people. I love Head-Fi! Does my pursuit of audio excellence stop here either? NO FRICKIN WAY!
biggrin.gif
I still need the ultimate portable cans! I need to hear more portable amps! And I might need to get a few more sources! And let's not forget my computer either, I need to get a better sound card in there! It's all about collecting everything in sight!!!1!1
580smile.gif
I can't believe just today I bought the LDM+ and yesterday the MDR-V6! Can't...stop...the...buying..frenzy!!!

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:50 AM Post #2 of 3
So what exactly was the chain of equipment used? There's quite a few things in your signature.

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 3
Er...sorry, I think I mis-read your post last night, I was tired.
redface.gif

Onkyo CS-V720 > Ixos IC > Yamaha speakers

The SM-3 is here with me at work but this weekend I'm going to try this:
Onkyo CS-V720 > Ixos IC > SM-3 > K271S
Onkyo CS-V720 > Ixos IC > SM-3 > MDR-V6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back