OMG...did Bose actually come out with a good product?
Sep 2, 2002 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
I went in the "Bose Store" a couple days ago and tryed there "triPort" Headphones.

I was impressed. The source was a Rio Riot playing 128kps MP3s, and it made MP3s sound amazingly good.

They were very lively phones, with a slighly colored midrange, but besides that they were ok. Not as accurate as my Grados, but more or just as fun.

This reviewer really liked them: http://detnews.com/2002/hometech/020...col-497745.htm

Sep 2, 2002 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 8
That's good to hear that Bose isn't quite as bad as its stereotype, but I would never buy one of Bose's products because I'd be endorsing all the wrong actions they've done to become what they are today(such as steal other people's research, market excessively and very falsely, and prove that a company with horrible products can be successful).

Sep 3, 2002 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Bose is coy about just how it gets such impressive sound -- precise location of instruments in the soundstage, a wide frequency range with excellent bass, stunning dynamic range -- except to refer to three ports, or vents, on each earcup. Presumably, the ports -- two of pinhole size, the third nearly the size of a dime -- help to stabilize the speaker cones and to focus the sound.

So poking some holes in the back is 'innovative.'

Sep 3, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 8
You should poke some holes into the back of all your headphones and let us know how it sounds...
tongue.gif

Biggie.

Sep 3, 2002 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 8
Bose's new slogan: "We're all about the holes."

Or maybe it's, "Holes are us."

Sep 3, 2002 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 8
Makes 128kbit mp3's sound good...more lively and exciting but not as accurate and has a colored midrange in comparison to Grados.

Right now I'm still more worried than curious.

Also that linked review was just pretty weak...no substance...and the closest comparison he ever made to another headphone was still nothing but a sales pitch.

Quote:

Sonically, musically, Bose's little headset rivals the performance of some very expensive electrostatic phones I've known.

Most electrostatic phones are pretty merciless of the source, and wouldn't usually come across as more exciting, less accurate, or having colored midrange compared to Grados.

My favorite part of his review is his early ancedote on how he was easily impressed with what he eventually realized were poor sounding headphones in retrospect. Hmmm doesn't quite inspire confidence in the product though.

Sep 3, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #8 of 8
Those headphones look flimsy and cheap. Give me my w100s any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back