Olympic Games 2008 thread - Sports only!
Aug 8, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #16 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by audionewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep, and to see what, some people faffing about.

unfotunately, people take the olympics too seriously and IMO, lose perspective of what it should be about, not sure what it is about, but it shouldn't be about winning or medals.

Same goes for the World Cup, or for that matter any European soccer event. At least Olympic-related bloodsheds have been rare.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 160
The opening ceremony just finished about 1 minute ago - really spectacular. I think it already set a new high for opening ceremony and the next (or the next next) Olympic will have a hard time catching up.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #21 of 160
Really spectacular show at the opening ceremony!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #22 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm extremely intrigued by the Water Cube: its walls are made up of thousands of bubble-like, translucent, polymer cushions mounted on steel frames. A marvel in modern architecture.

419523.jpg

Just saw a documentary about that Olympic Aquarium on Discovery or NatGeo channel. You know after watching TLC, History, Discovery, NatGeo for awhile, you get confused...

Anyway AAAAAAaaamazing! There're some beautiful artchitectural edifices in the Olympics. Money well spent by Chinese gov't. These monuments will be in many history books from art, architecture, design, social history, etc...

Let the games begin!!! I'm anxious to see what the Chinese will do in gymnastics on their own soil.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #23 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I had a ticket for the opening ceremony, I would have long sold it on the black market for $15 000 (no kidding).

My dad has a few tickets, have to check, but I know for sure that I'm going to see the 100m finals.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was also trying to get tickets for US or China basketball games, but no luck.

You can always get what you want from black market but IMO $15000US for one opening ticket is really unacceptable and unaffordable for most people.
Actually,the ceremony is awesome!My parents love the "Printing Press"part so much!The staff are really professional and they are so tacit!

At least,we will hold the equestrianism in Hong Kong but people know nothing about equestrianism here.LOL.

Aug 8, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #26 of 160
INCREDIBLE ceremony. AMAZING! So much coordination and so many people!

Stopped watching at 2:30 in the morning though so I missed New Zealand's team coming on
frown.gif

Can't wait for the diving to come! Tis good fun to pause the TV when its showing someones face as they jump....
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #28 of 160
Wow. I shed tears during the opening ceremony; it was that spectacular. Everything. The people in the moving boxes were beyond incredible. Then every new act just blew the last one away. Unbelievable.

If ever we are threatened by an invading alien race, and we are asked to prove our worth as a species, I would immediately show them that film. I am still in awe.

Sorry if I am a little afterglowy.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back