Old receiver cutting out right channel
Feb 17, 2007 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pretzelb

100+ Head-Fier
I think this is a really dumb question but I can't figure it out. I took an old Denon receiver out of the closet and was going to test out my new HD580s but I started to get static on the right channel. I thought it was a bad cable but once I thought I had a good cable it happened again. I went back and forth and realized that it's almost like it cuts out when it doesn't get enough power and the only way to reset it is to crank up the volume again. For the connections I was using a Radio Shack mini to RCA with my iPod Turbodock IV line-out to the CD in of the receiver, then hooking my cans to the headphone out.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just normal? I'm going to rearrange the receiver and take a break then test it out again after my ears get a rest.

Feb 17, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 3
I tried it on my newer receiver and I eventually got the same issue. I'm starting to think it's the Turbodock IV. I did some tests with the iPod headphone jack and I couldn't recreate the problem.

Could a Turbodock line-out connector cause a issue where it sounds like only one channel is coming in a full strength?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back