Old pair broke (RIP) need to find a replacement set, any reccomendations?
Aug 31, 2015 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

CLVPTRVP

New Head-Fier
Hi there, lemme give the rundown on what happened and what I'm looking for now. I used to own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770s, and I had owned them for about a year, and I had absolutely loved them. But there was one problem. I tend to move around a lot, never really stationary and usually plugging my headphones into my phone so I can get my music fix while I'm on the go. But as of recently, due to the plug inside of the headphone jack, it had snapped off inside of my phone, basically leaving me unable to listen to any music, causing me to get a phone replacement. While I think Beyerdynamic is an amazing company with great products, I'd rather not have that happen again and make me waste money on replacing my phone as well as replacing the headphones. Now I did conduct a search on what I think would be a good replacement, and was wondering what all of you guys think. I've come up with 3 different headphones, 2 in my exact price range, and 1 just slightly out of that range, but if I save up I will be able to buy it by sometime in September/October. And if you have any personal recommendations that might interest me (looking for closed back, $100-350 price range, Over-ear preferably) then please do not hesitate to tell me. I'm open to any suggestions. 

Alright here are the 3 I've looked at so far:

The Oppo PM-3s (the one right out of my range)

The Audio Technica ATH-MSR7s

and The V-MODA Crossfade M-100s.

Please tell me which one you think is the best and which one I should aim for.

And if you have another suggestion for me, please tell me.  

I'm quite new here so I hope this works out well.
Thanks everyone! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 5
Also look into the Pioneer HRM-7-biggest soundstage you'll hear in a headphone under $300. Costs about $200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back