Okay, THIS might be over-the-top...
Jun 25, 2005 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

MonkeyMan

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried this power cord in their system yet?

Only $6,000 USD for a six-foot power cord!
eek.gif

I wonder if they offer a C7 connector option so I can hook it up to my $50 DVD player?
confused.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
Has anyone tried this power cord in their system yet?

Only $6,000 USD for a six-foot power cord!
eek.gif

I wonder if they offer a C7 connector option so I can hook it up to my $50 DVD player?
confused.gif

Don't worry. Since when does Electraglide MSRP mean anything? In fact, I'd be shocked if a single Electraglide Epiphany cord ever sold/sells/will sell at MSRP or anywhere close.

Actually, it probably sounds pretty nice judging from my previous Electraglide cord experiences, but if I ever try it, it will be the cheaper 3 foot version, at used price, starting at discounted Audiogon price.

Jun 25, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #6 of 13
You can always find a fool or two per year on the net.

At $6,000 a piece, you only need to sell 10 cords/year to make a decent living.

The actual sales number may be much higher...if you sign up at various internet forums and hype your own cords.

Jun 25, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 13
I wonder what the actual cost of these cables is?

Jun 26, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 13
At my workplace we have a pair of the MIT Oracle V1.1 Prism Bi-Wire Ultra-Wide Bandwidth speaker cables. They'll set you back $17,395 for the pair. They're connected to a pair of VTL Siegfried monoblocks (800W/Ch tube monos; $40,000/pr) driving a pair of Wilson Audio Maxx 2 speakers ($44,900/pr). The digital source is an Esoteric DV-50 universal player ($5500), analog source is a VPI TNT Mark IV, into an Audio Research phono preamp ($2000), the preamp is a VTL, but I'm not sure of the model or how much it is. Interconnects are Nordost, but I don't know what. Then there are a ton of ASC tube traps all over the room (the room is really a little to small to handle the Maxxs, so we need a LOT of tube traps to control the bass). A pretty amazing system, and before anyone asks: YES, IT SOUNDS AMAZING! I love my job; I'm going to be sad when I have to leave and go off to college.

Also, sorry if it seems like I'm bragging a little or showing off, but it's hard not to!

Jun 26, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 13
Whoa, where do you work?

I'd appreciate it if you could brag and showoff (PICS!) some more

Jun 26, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Whoa, where do you work?

I'd appreciate it if you could brag and showoff (PICS!) some more

I'm working at a store called Soundworks (in Kensington, MD) for 8 weeks this summer. They (or rather we) are one of the biggest dealers on the East coast, on par with places like Sound by Singer and Goodwin's High End in New York. We don't advertise, which is why most people haven't heard of us. I'll probably take some pics next week and post a new thread about the place in the Member's Lounge. It's pretty wild.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
The company is called "Electra Glide"?

Something that helps when they bend you over.......

-Ed

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Lol, that's really funny.

Jun 26, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 13
That's PERFECT man! You're right! I'm laughing SO hard I'm about falling out of my chair!
tongue.gif

Tears are running down my cheeks (no pun intended) I'm laughing so much! Thanks Edwood!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
The company is called "Electra Glide"?

Something that helps when they bend you over.......
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Jun 27, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisets

eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back