OK3s: A review...
Mar 6, 2008 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

tstarn06

Banned
...will be coming soon. I have secured a pair of the new Yuin line today (thanks to Fang at Head-Direct) and I am in the process of trying them out. Have to run out tonight, but will try to post something by tomorrow, with photos.

Early mini-review: I have been a Yuin fan, so I hope my early assessment isn't biased. But the detail on these out of the Zune80 (no EQ, of course), using the canalphone "mode" (as opposed to ear bud) with the provided white bi-flanges, is clean, clear and overall pretty amazing. Bass is tight, no muddiness. And mids outstanding. And with those very soft bi-flanges, comfort is very, very good. Consider, I am normally a foam head when it comes to tips.

Anyway, got to run for now.

Oh, the cord on these things is Y variety, and very long (have to measure it later).

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 87
Can't say, but pretty typical for canalphones. I went for a walk with them tonight, and even with the bi-flanges, I could hear traffic. But it's too early to tell until I try the standard silicone tips as well. They are pretty much like any other canal phone tip, and I have a medium pair in black and three sizes in white. Also, I only listened to the ear buds for 10 minutes. So I am going to burn them a little overnight with pink noise and then spend a couple of hours doing a real listen, amped, unamped, comparing them to PK3s, 616s, SR80s, etc.

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #7 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woah sry but...OK3? Can someone please fill me in?
I can't even google yuin much but I'm guessing the "OK" line is just being released..?

Yeah, those are Yuin, but OKs' are yet to be released. They are doing a preview for Fang. He told us that the OKs' will be ready at the end of this month or maybe early next month.

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #8 of 87
are you allowed to post pics?
do they look much different than the PK line?

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #11 of 87
Can someone tell me how to put photos within a post? I will add photos to the review, but never posted photos before. Should be easy, but I don't see instructions anywhere. I see an attachment option, but will jpeg attachments automatically appear in the post?

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #12 of 87
Tom, you are unstoppable! Hahaha. Why not the OK1? Wasn't it supposed to be the top of the line? You already have an amp, as well as IEMs that don't need an amp-- so you could complete your collection with the OK1's.

EDIT: oh well, it seems they aren't out yet.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, if I read carefully they should be much better than the PK1. We'll see.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #13 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone tell me how to put photos within a post? I will add photos to the review, but never posted photos before. Should be easy, but I don't see instructions anywhere. I see an attachment option, but will jpeg attachments automatically appear in the post?

If they are hosted somewhere, just click on the little box with the mountains in it (in the tool bar in your post) and paste the link there. Preview the post and it should appear.

Or resize them to 80mb or so and use the "manage attachments from the "additional options" below the "submit" button on new posts. You will be able to browse your pics and select them one at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back