Ok, upgrade time
Apr 27, 2002 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
I've got a few decisions. Lets just say that I'm only almost 16, and EVERY cent I spend on audio, its my own hard earned cash. Before summer starts, I'll get about $500 for watching girls dance @ my high school(long story short, I'm running sound for dance studios. Minimum wage, but hey).

My current setup:
Denon 370 -> CMOY stocker -> HD580s.

stock 580s. So, here comes my dilemma. I'm a sophmore in high school. Basically, this is going to have to last 2 years, until I get to college, and the money I WORKED is money that I can spend without my parents getting mad every time I buy anything.

So, what would give me more enjoyment? As I see it, I've got a few options. It would help if it was from headroom(credit).

1) MG Head OTL
2) Cardas Cables
3) Corda?
4) DIY Morgan Jones amp

For interconnects, I'm thinking of building my own, you know, those cheap $20 ones that are supposed to rock.

So, any help?

I listen to all sorts of music. But mostly jazz, rock, etc. But then, I also listen to some classical.

You guys haven't let me down yet. I think this should last me for the next 2 years(but then, thats what I said when I had an mt90 md player + hd580s.
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif
)

Apr 28, 2002 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 39
Stay with what you got. Meet a nice girl, get married, have some kids, get good job, hide some of the money then come back here and consider the EQUINOX cables and bigger amp. If you dont leave now forget about nice girl. You will have no money to take her out, even for ice cream.

Apr 28, 2002 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
upgrade the source

no go there.
confused.gif

I just got the denon 370 from my parents for x-mas(my one present
cool.gif
)

Anyway, my parents would KILL me if I wanted to get a new source. Maybe during college. . .

Apr 28, 2002 at 12:24 AM Post #7 of 39
How about a DI/O?

Apr 28, 2002 at 12:24 AM Post #8 of 39
If you stay here your parents are still going to kill you. See that nice car forget it. See that nice house some day for get it. All your money will be for better and better and better sound. Go to high-fi annonamos 12 step program. For you being youg there is still hope

Apr 28, 2002 at 12:36 AM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
If you stay here your parents are still going to kill you. See that nice car forget it. See that nice house some day for get it. All your money will be for better and better and better sound. Go to high-fi annonamos 12 step program. For you being youg there is still hope

It doesn't work like that. I saved up for my own computer(home built). I save for everything. I imagine, one day, my quest will be over. I'm like all of you guys. I keep on searching. It started with mx500s. Where will it end?
confused.gif

Apr 28, 2002 at 1:00 AM Post #13 of 39
Where will it end? You ask? Well look at it this way. (good griff) I am 60 years old and am still going strong buying cans,amps,cable and who knows what else will get my attention. For me there is no hope. I try to keep enough money to feed my dog. If you want to become an addict you are in the right place. I am going to ask JUDE for a private section so we can have meetings on complusive headphone and amp and stuff buying. Maby we can help each other by talking about our obsession getting a sponser and never upgrading again. Of course at some point we might shoot our sponser and do an upgrad because we have to.

Apr 28, 2002 at 1:21 AM Post #15 of 39
andrzejpw
Please forgive me. Most of what I have said was in jest. This is a great hobbie for life and a rewarding one at that. So I am sorry if you took me to seriously. I know little about anything so dont mind me. You are doing fine and good luck with you search for good sound. The members here will help you a lot. Again I am sorry if I misled you. (peace)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back